We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. At Ericsson we enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. For more than 140 years, our ideas, technology and people have changed the world: real turning points that have transformed lives, industries and society.
Our Exciting Opportunity
The primary function of this role is to provide data management and analytics skills to deliver service reliability, service improvement and service efficiency outcomes. The role will require the use of analytical toolsets to drive insights from various data sources to enable a data driven operations. You will deliver analytical visualisations, analytical models and delivery through to operational tuning and automations.
- Understand data and the ability to ensure the right use of clean data.
- Deliver insightful visualisations. Network and operational analytics.
- Manage unpredicted challenges
- Improve the service to our customers
- Understand ethical data use and data regulations
To be successful in the role your skills are
- Problem review
- Ability to apply Data Science techniques and understanding to Mobile RAN and transmission analytical requirements to deliver Data Driven Operations.
- Cleaning and organising data in preparation for use within analytics.
- Ensuring that an accurate data set is used and understanding the right type of visualisation to utilise to provide one-off or repeatable visualisations, dashboards, reports for Operations.
- Delivery of analytical models to enable the business to drive through the right operational changes whether this is in process, tool changes and automation.
- Understanding data sources, data attributes and data limitations. Ability to define and build new data sources where required and communicate limitations in data sources.
- Database, analytical and automation applications, methodologies, and processes; able to manipulate data and reports to support ongoing analysis and present conclusions
- Proven track record in conceiving and delivering expert technical solutions on a reactive and proactive basis, across any technology relevant to the customer network.
- Good level of understanding of Mobile RAN including 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G and transmission infrastructure.
- Minimum HNC/HND within Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent relevant qualification/experience
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply?
Read about the next steps here. For your preparation and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.