We are now looking for a 2nd Level Security Operations professional for our Managed Security team. This position includes security event analysis, threat assessment, security incident response strategy and coordinating all cybersecurity-related investigations and incident response in partnership with the respective stakeholders within Ericsson and / or customer organization and / or 3rd Party Providers. This position will also be responsible for vulnerability management, penetration testing, and support user access management, anti-malware/anti-virus tools, HID, DLP and data encryption as required. The professional will work alongside a highly skilled, diverse team, making sure that the information assets, that we are responsible to protect, are secured.
Main Accountabilities - you will:
Perform Security Incident Management, including but not limited to: supporting SIEM tools, integrating logs into the tool, creating & modifying rules, investigating and resolving alerts, automating tasks
Perform Vulnerability Management, including but not limited to: supporting scan tools, executing vulnerability scans, performing analysis, recommending / tracking mitigations
Perform static and / or dynamic code scanning and / or web scanning, analyze results, and provide detailed and executive reports with the results and options for mitigation
Perform penetration testing, analyze results, and provide detailed and executive reports with the results and options for mitigation
Work with the various Technical Authority teams to respond & resolve security incidents effectively and quickly
Coordinate, when necessary, with legal team and / or external security agencies (including the Customer’s security team) for in-depth investigation
Provide Root Cause Analysis for security incidents, and outages / impairments related to security tools
Research new and emerging threats to gain insight into the evolving threat landscape, and share knowledge with the team
Support anti-malware / anti-virus, HID, DLP, disk encryption, and file / data integrity tools
Identify, recommend, and support data encryption methods and technologies based on data classification (e.g. data encrypted at rest / in transit)
Drive continuous process improvements by providing inputs on the current processes and possible improvement opportunities
Perform periodic reporting and when applicable, presenting to management and/or the Customer’s security team
- 4 to 7 years experience with at least 4 years in IT and 2 years in Security
- The ability to provide support after normal business hours
- The ability to work constructively under pressure
- Ability to work both in a team as well as individually
- Participate in the out-of-hours on call rotation, providing technical support to the business for major and critical incidents
- Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills
- Customer oriented, Service minded
- Deliver results and meet customer expectations
- Excellent communication skills; English is a must
- Strong knowledge of information security
- Working knowledge of SIEM tools (such as McAfee ESM, QRadar, ArcSight, Splunk, etc.), scanning tools (Nessus, Qualys, IBM AppScan, etc.) and PAM tools (BeyondTrust, CyberArk, etc.)
- Knowledge of both Linux-based and MS Windows-based system platforms with a strong technical understanding and aptitude for analytical problem-solving
- Strong understanding of enterprise, network, system and application level security issues
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong understanding of TCP/IP networks also with available security control (technical & process control) for respective layers
- Understanding of the system hardening processes, tools, guidelines and benchmarks
- Fundamental understanding of encryption technologies
Academics and Certifications
- Education: Academic degree
CISSP, CISM, CEH, OSCP, Security+, CCNA Security, and ITIL certifications will be an advantage
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: India (IN) || || Bangalore || IT
Req ID: 352335