Functional Area: DGS
Travel: up to 10%
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Great Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for a Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers. In this role, the successful candidate will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Act as an SME/Architect during pre-sales and delivery phase
- Interact and negotiate with the customer (mid-management level)
- Plan and lead BSS product deployment and integration work
- Prepare and execute product configuration and acceptance testing
- Work with Internal and External 3PP PDU and manage troubleshooting activities in the BSS architecture
- Identify and drive improvements
- Post project activities (production hand over, L3 support during handover period)
- Share knowledge and mentor less experienced members of the team
As our ideal candidate You will have:
- Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or equivalent
- Ericsson Charging System Sound Knowledge
- Sound Knowledge of CDR Structure and Attribute and Charging System Business configuration
- Strong system engineering experience in Enterprise and/or Telco space.
- Solid understanding of legacy routing network protocols (BGP, OSPF), Telco (MPLS, MP-BGP, L3VPN, EVPN), HA (VRRP, Anycast, LACP, MC-LAG), Overlay (VXLAN, GRE, GRENEVE) and/or OpenFlow/OVSDB network protocols.
- Strong Linux/Unix skills and good understanding of main *nix services and components is required.
- Professional certification in Private Cloud/SDN space (RHCE/RHCA, VCP-NV, CCNP etc.)
- Proven experience working with internal/external partners
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with customer
- Scripting and coding skills are a plus
- DevOps skills will be beneficial
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here: https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.