As the world enters this new era of connectivity the race to secure tomorrow’s connected society has begun. Ericsson is committed to provide a secure network as the foundation to connect everything.
Our unit (Development Unit Networks Standards and Technology) is responsible for securing future technology leadership for Ericsson Mobile Networks impacting our product design in the 3-5 years perspective and we are now looking for a Security researcher to drive this area for the networks beyond 5G.
In your role, you will Secure Technology leadership, specifically related to radio security, endpoint protection, threat detection, high-availability, and trustworthiness technologies in embedded, cloud native, and distributed edge deployments. The research tasks include identifying, evaluating, and developing new technologies, methods and concepts to ensure secure and trustworthy telecommunication systems. As part of the research work you will define and develop testbeds and proof-of-concept demonstrators. The work will require extensive cooperation with different Ericsson units, as well as with external partners, universities and customers.
- You have a Master’s degree in Computer science Engineering or PhD and equivalent and hands-on experience working with cyber-security is an added advantage
- Deep understanding of modern security technologies and threats
- Experience with various threat modeling methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in working with computing platforms for security, trusted computing and operating systems security
- Knowledge of mobile communication systems and telecommunications security
- Experience from contributing in open source projects or programming in industrial product development with focus on security features
- Experience in cloud for example Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux endpoint protection solution architectures (commercial or open source)
- Data Communication and Linux, both user and kernel space
- Good understanding on how memory structures affect software from a security perspective
- Good understanding of security attestation methods
- Able to communicate well in English, both in written and oral form
- Creativity and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Taking initiative on new research topics and concepts
- Ability and eagerness to acquire new knowledge and apply it on the job
- Talent for innovation, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fresh master’s degree or a fresh PhD degree (preferred) with thesis in one of the areas above.
Please add the cover letter in the resume, explaining more in-detail about your interest for this position. Please note that, you need to submit the application in English and we do not accept any applications via email.
The last day to apply is before 14th April 2020.
For any enquires and for application details, please contact the responsible Recruiter, Suma Haregoppa Venkatagiri at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 351942