Description of Organization
We are looking for a Material and Failure Analysis Engineer within Prototyping and Production Technology, PPT, in Kista.
PPT is responsible for prototype production to support product design and to support product test development. We are also a competence center in production and producibility technology and material analysis. In addition, we are producing various equipment for design tests, exhibitions and more. Our facilities are in Kista and Kumla.
The organization is new and there is a great opportunity to influence the organization’s ways of working both internally and towards different stakeholders.
As Material and Failure Analysis Engineer you will work in our analysis laboratory at PPT in Kista.
You will be part of the Final Assembly Prototyping department which is part of within Prototyping and Production Technology.
The Final assembly prototyping department is responsible for analyzing Radio products and other RBS related modules and components to ensure seamless production and effective NPI. This means that your primarily work activities is to analyze materials and components used in these products down to element level.
You will work closely with the design and research units, all departments within PPT in Kista, but also with high-volume supply sites in Europe and Asia.
Main responsibilities include:
• Perform material analysis with the aid of for example cross-sectioning, scanning electron microscope, scanning acoustic microscope, x-ray and optical microscopes.
• Continuous development and improvement of existing/new analysis processes and methods
• Acquisition of analysis equipment
• Working with root cause analysis
• Active participation in the Ericsson-wide analysis community.
• Engage in business intelligence surveillance within the material analysis field
This role requires an outgoing and positive attitude, analytical skills, willingness to take responsibility and enthusiasm in facing new problems.
• University degree in Electronics, Material science, Physics, or Chemistry
• Experience from practical laboratory work including microscopy.
• Electronics technology experience
• Technical report writing skill
• Understanding of technologically complex environment
• Strong quality mindset and knowledge of Lean thinking
• Good analytical skills with cause-effect analysis competence
• PCB/PBA manufacturing
• Component technology
• Proven team player with skills in co-operation
• Business minded & highly result oriented
• Analytic and structured ways of working
• Ability to work cross-functional and internationally with strong cultural awareness
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written, in English.
How to apply?
Interested in joining our #TeamEricsson?
Feel free to apply and include resume and cover letter in English, outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position.
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application as soon as possible.
Security clearance including references and relevant background screening will be conducted for final candidates.
Please note that we cannot accept applications sent via e-mail.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Req ID: 351302