Purpose of the Job Role
To provide insight and advice based on detailed and methodical investigation, analysis, and presentation of data. The Business Analytics Specialist applies his/her business knowledge and analytics skills on data, to point to statistically secured conclusions on business performance. He/she works as an advisor to decision makers, to outline both causes and remedies to business problems. Provides functional process and data expertise, qualifies Analytics IT requirements and manages the Analytics Solution portfolio within his/her area of responsibility.
- Analyze business needs, interact with partners to develop master data tools/reports
- Maintain and continuously improve tools/reports to support Master Data Management (MDM) performance excellence, strategy focuses and the company digital transformation.
- Drive Master Date tools related activities; perform documentation, knowledge/best-practice sharing, trouble shooting, user support, etc.
- Perform data analysis and visualization
- Manage Analytics Solutions Portfolio
To be successful in the role you should have
- Project Management Skills
- Business Understanding
- Negotiation Skills
- Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration Skills
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting & Communicating
- Deciding and initiating actions
- Relating & Networking
It is preferred if you have
- Proven ability in effective communication with senior and executive management
- Good to excellent knowledge in statistics
What's in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Nanjing || IT
Req ID: 351203