Do you want to shape Swisscom’s mobile strategy and Ericsson’s roadmap within the strategic partnership with Swisscom? We are now looking for a Head of Packet Core & Unified Data Management Strategy for the Swisscom-Ericsson Joint Mobile Group (JMG) who will co-lead the Packet Core & Unified Data Management domain together with a Swisscom product manager. Our joint ambition is to ensure that Swisscom’s network is world best and provides a superior customer experience. This position provides you with a unique opportunity to work embedded within a leading mobile operator and shape the strategy.
The Head of Packet Core & UDM Strategy is based in Bern, Switzerland. The role is predominantly carried out within the Swisscom premises, as part of Swisscom’s Mobile Experience Large Solution team, through which you interact with colleagues across Development, Operations, Business & Strategy within Swisscom. You are expected to work closely with the local Ericsson delivery organization, as well as the Swisscom Key Account Team. Your work will depend on close ties and joint efforts with the Product Lines, Product Development Units, Supply teams, and other relevant groups across Ericsson Business Areas.
If you are passionate about building the best mobile network in the world, and working in partnership with a leading mobile operator, this is the place for you.
• Jointly define the strategy for Swisscom’s mobile network evolution for Packet Core & Unified Data Management.
• Drive and govern the execution of this strategy.
• Secure the right Ericsson portfolio to support strategy execution, including identifying gaps and working with Product Lines and Product Development Units in closing them.
• Provide broad subject matter expertise in Packet Core & UDM, including products & technology, virtualized/cloud-native deployments and automated deployment & testing.
• Drive strategic dialogue with Swisscom’s Customer Facing Units, Swisscom’s Network division, and Ericsson Business Areas.
• Collaborate closely with Ericsson and Swisscom colleagues in Packet Core & UDM, Telco Cloud Infrastructure, OSS and RAN to secure consistent solutions, architectures and strategies for Swisscom’s Core Network.
• Deep domain expertise in Packet Core & Unified Data Management (technology, solutions, roadmaps, customer values)
• Track record of Product Management and/or R&D experience
• Strong analytics skills and logical thinking
• Focused on delivering results and customer impact (goal oriented, can-do mentality)
• Strong communication skills, adapting flight level to the stakeholders
• Ability to cooperate across teams and company borders
• Ability to simplify and communicate the big picture, while also understanding details
• Extensive contact network within the Ericsson Packet Core & UDM organizations
• Broad understanding of market and technology developments in Core Networks and 5G end-to-end
• Experience of working closely with customer(s).
• Education: MSc
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Switzerland (CH) || || Berne || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 349166