Job title: OSS Support Engineer
Location: Hochiminh, Vietnam
We are now looking for OSS Support Engineer that will provide technical support services to our customers. In this role, you will configure, troubleshoot and resolve OSS related problems to stabilize and optimize the customer network.
OSS is standing for Operations Support System, an entirely unified Network Manager with Universal applications that manages end-to-end across Radio, Transport, and Core network technologies and with ease of navigation between apps, throughout the network and network layers creating a seamless and efficient operation.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D and 3rd party suppliers.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. You are expected to travel internationally and work in different cultural environments. The technical development is rapid, and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within telecom and Datacom, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Customer Issue handling
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Handling of dedicated support
- Software Update Management (SUM) handling
- Education: Bachelor of Engineering/Technology with Telecoms/IT/Computers as major
- Min 3 years of experience
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience on telecom OSS/ENM/NMS
- Negotiation & argumentation skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Presentation & communication skill
- Working with people
- Applying expertise & technology
- Proven Experience on deployment and support of Ericsson or any other vendor OSS/NMS and practical experience on technologies like Red Hat Linux, VMWare
- Good technological knowledge related to the Hardware (HP Blade / Dell EMC Storage), OS (Unix, Linux, etc.), Databases (Oracle, Sybase, mySQL etc..), Virtualization (VMware, SUN/Oracle), Cluster solutions, backup & restore; experience with these technologies from previous work will be helpful.
- RedHat Linux and OpenStack certification will be an added advantage
- Telecom knowledge (FCAPS, Network elements, OSS/BSS concepts, etc.)
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Viet Nam (VN) || || Ho Chi Minh || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 348624