Functional Area: DGS
Travel: up to 10%
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Great Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for an experienced Project Manager in BSS field (real time charging systems).
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate experience leading the technical team on the introduction of a new major functionality and capacity to customer network as well as the replacement of our client’s legacy system. The successful candidate will also demonstrate an extensive set of technical and business skills, including a long and proven practice of customer facing, presentations, engagements and consultative skills. You will be able to work both in Pre-sales and Delivery, being responsible for cost estimation and delivery strategy. Additionally, you will have experience building strong partner relationships and driving up sales opportunities.
- Take responsibility for the project delivery, managing the project from initiation till project closure phase
- Prepare the project plan and manage the schedule, ensuring the deliverables are released as per agreed deadlines and to the customer’s satisfaction
- Support the Program Director in the Program delivery for the customer
- Issuing status reports. Responsible for the overall project weekly/Steerco reports and sharing/presenting the project progress internally and externally to project key partners
- Check technical and business conformance of the project towards the Customers’ requirements and validating the specifications, maintaining a strict scope control throughout the project implementation
- Lead discussions with Internal and External parties during project implementation, managing risks and bringing issues to resolution
- Build strong Customer Relationships at Project Level
- Lead teams of 10+ people (onshore and offshore) in a multicultural environment
- Maintain financials, budget/Cost Of Sales, Risks/Issues over time as changes arise
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external partners
- Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience managing Telecommunications BSS projects within allocated budget and to customer’s expectation and 10 years' experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Experience in implementation of Real Time Rating/Charging Systems and Digital solutions within the telecommunications sector
- Experience in working with Telco 3rd party service partners and collaborating to deliver business outcome as agreed in contract
- Financial and business understanding
- PMP / PMI certification
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate strongly with the customer
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here: https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.