The Device & Network Testing organisation is part of Business Area Digital Services (BDGS) – Service Delivery and responsible for building customer-specific solutions in the area of Multi-Vendor (Network) Verification and Device & Application Verification.
The Integration Engineer can be expected to deliver different services mainly addressing telecom operators, but also automotive in the area of multi-vendor and device & application verification for all technologies with focus on new technologies (5G, LTE, VoLTE, IoT). The service delivery is done either at customer premises or in lab environment. As the assignment of the BDGS organization is global, the engineer is expected to work in a multi-cultural and international environment, including traveling world-wide.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Execute IOT (Interoperability testing) on device/application
- Provide network technical support to external customers, i.e. device and application developers
- Develop test plan document and instruction
- Execute system and network Integration work
- Prepare acceptance test and handover to customer
- Identify and drive improvements
- Support presales activities, including pre-studies
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences.
- 4-8 years of experience in a telecommunications environment where at least 2 of those years are in customer implementation or Integration services and consulting.
- Good System Knowledge of Service Delivery concepts, framework and Architecture.
- Excellent working knowledge of Ericsson RAN (5G, LTE, WCDMA) and /or IMS.
- Highly Developed System Knowledge of Multi-Vendor Terminal Verification, 3GPP air interfaces, procedures and protocols knowledge, including GSM, WCDMA, LTE, 5G and IMS. End-to-end network integration understanding is also required. You should also have good IP Networking skills.
- 3GPP air interface including GSM, WCDMA, LTE and 5G (any combination)
- Tools: WireShark, QXDM, Agilent, Rohde & Schwarz
- To be an active mobile social media user and have good knowledge of various multimedia technologies
- Has integrated or tested Ericsson RAN and/or IMS products (not interested if they tested other vendors’ products)
- International experience and a global attitude
- Drive, focus, creativity and self-motivation
- International travel needs in average 15-30%
- Ericsson Portfolio Knowledge
- Language skills
- Creating & Innovating
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
- Applying Expertise & Technology
- Learning & Researching
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Systems Integration and Verification tasks during service delivery in the area of different technologies like GSM, GPRS, WCDMA, IMS, LTE and 5G incl. verification against 3rd party network elements like data cards and devices
- Dealing with customers and other vendors on a daily basis and working in a very customer focused and service related environment
- Troubleshooting of faults found in the entire test network, incl. usage of related IT tools
- Monitoring and analyzing multiple interfaces across the network
- Close cooperation with internal Product Development Units and Test Equipment Provisioning Units
- Providing and presenting Verification Reports and presentations to internal and external customers
- Development of new and continuous improvement of existing delivery processes
- Identify and drive improvements and sales opportunities
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Guangzhou (Canton) || ServEng
Req ID: 345945