Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
The Software Developer contributes, to create a customer’s solution, in all phases of the software development lifecycle, towards properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business requirements.
The Software Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the delivered software components provide the necessary functionality and perform in accordance to the overall requirements and to the customer’s expectation.
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Solution Design
• Development and Integration of Solution
• Solution Handover
• Solution Support
• Network Architecture
• Solution development
• Solution Integration
• Solution support
• Problem solving and strategic thinking
• Risk Analysis
• Administrative skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Ericsson knowledge
• Risk management
• Creating & Innovating
• Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking
• Applying Expertise & Technology
• Learning & Researching
• Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Professional / Technical Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in ECE, IT, CS or MCA.
• 2 years of relevant experience in Software development and support
• Experience in Scripting languages like Perl or Python etc AND
• Java programming skills, Web technologies, knowledge and development experience, primarily on UNIX / Linux platform.
• Good to have - knowledge and skills on any RDBMS, preferably on Unix /Linux platforms, e.g., Oracle, Sybase, PostgreSQL, etc. Alternatively, MSSQL Server knowledge and skills.
• Good working knowledge of packet networking. Development experience on this would be a definite plus.
• Good working knowledge on Unix / Linux platforms & MS Windows server 2Kn platform.
• Basic familiarity with mobile telecommunication networks, their architecture and mechanisms would be an added advantage.
• Primary Competence Domain (SW development)
• .NET programming experience, would be a definite advantage.
• Good working knowledge of the various popular Open-source RDBMS –mysql, postgresql, etc is desirable.
• SW development SLCM knowledge, skills and experience would be a significant advantage, especially proficiency in tools like CVS, GIT, etc
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• Strong personal interaction and people management skills.
• Good collaboration capabilities
Additional Requirments, Physical Demands, Region/Local Specifications:
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for development and SLCM of all automations assigned to him/her, as enumerated below:
• Automation definition in this context includes L3 support for deployed tools, all change requests to applications developed by the Automation Team as well as fixing application errors (bugs) in such applications.
• For a new automation application, ownership of the solution from the Requirements Analysis Stage through Commitment, Development, Deployment, Operational and Withdrawal Stages.
• Primary ownership of discussing and seeking all clarifications from the involved stakeholders regarding Automation application design at the appropriate stage of the life-cycle.
• Along with the business analyst where required, ownership of discussing and agreeing on the scope, detailed specifications and deliverables of the automation application with the user functions.
• Ownership of all upgrades and expansion of the automation as applicable during its life cycle.
• Ownership of creation and regular maintenance of the required documentation in respect of the owned Automation applications, at all stages of the automation life-cycle, in accordance with the guidelines laid
down for the same.
• Transparently sharing all knowledge in respect of the automation applications owned, in terms of code, application architecture, user-IDs, passwords, security related parameters, etc with the appropriate
• Ownership of timely updates to all the affected stakeholders regarding any new factors affecting any Automation application designed or deployed or both
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.