Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
To be Successful in this role, you must have:
We are now looking for a SME Oracle DBA Administrator that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- OCP 11g & 12c Oracle Certified Professional along with IT Graduation/Masters degree
- Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, 18C, 19C (18 & 19 Additional benefits)
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products (clients, RAC 2 nodes, stand Along)
- Good Understanding of RAC (2 nodes or 3 nodes) and its services
- Understanding Active/Passive, Active-Active (ASM and Veritas Cluster)
- A good knowledge of the physical database design
- A good understanding of the underlying operating system (windows, unix, linux, solaris & AIX)
- Different OS few important commands to check the server load (top, topas sar ,vmstat
- Partitioning (Partition Tables and it’s type understanding Range, Hash etc)
- Indexing (Local and Global Index, its benefits and drawbacks)
- Worked on Heavy databases 100+ TB (Filesystem and ASM)
- Adding Disk in ASM and Adding datafiles in RAC, tempfiles etc.
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required (Weekend supports, Shifting working)
- Constraints understanding (PK, FK, un etc..)
- MOS SR raising , TFA generation Logs checking Cluster, ASM , scan listener etc.
- Patch Management (Patching single node and RAC two node, Three nodes)
- Oracle Data Guard understanding, troubleshooting , Archive files restoration, incremental backup restoration to make the DR sync
- Subject matter Expert in Oracle DBA
- Great Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Problem-solving approach
- Customer First Mindset
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 9 years of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information