Do you want to be part of identifying and developing Ericsson’s future business? That is precisely the mission of Business Area Technologies and New Businesses (BTEB). With 5G and Internet of Things (IoT) at the doorstep, we are on the verge of unlocking the true business value of 5G and IoT by supporting telecom service providers to tap into multiple industry value chains. These technological platforms are the bedrock for entrepreneurship and value creation for the next decade, and this is the space Ericsson wants to be the leading force of innovation.
As head of Communications for Business Area Technologies and New Businesses you are responsible for driving the internal and external communications for the business area.
The ideal candidate brings a track record on how to drive and execute Communications in an innovate way. You will work on a strategic level, but you are equally comfortable to work hands on with the organization. You have the capabilities to think new, pushing boundaries, utilizing the advantages of digitalization, and by using new types of channels such as social influencers. This is critical both in addressing Ericsson key target groups, and in how we drive the culture transformation and employee engagement internally.
As a person you thrive in situations where everything is not set in stone, where you have significant mandate to influence the road ahead. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a challenger mindset.
While the business area has existed for about two years, the unit recently launched a comprehensive growth strategy that marks a “restart” for the business area. As of October 2018, the unit will focus on pursuing additional profitable growth. Change communications, and strategy communications is consequently a key area of responsibility.
The objective of the role is to position Ericsson as a growth company through primarily two main initiatives:
- Drive effective and innovative communications to reposition Ericsson through its Growth Strategy and Growth Bets (internally towards employees, and externally towards key target audiences)
- Through communications, actively drive and support the Growth Strategy awareness and execution within BTEB and broader Ericsson organization
In this role, you will be leading a team of professional communicators. There is an existing team today that you will lead, however you will also have the responsibility to recruit additional members to the team as an immediate step. This is a chance to form the type of team and capabilities you believe is critical to execute on the business area strategy.
You will be part of Marketing and Communications Leadership Team for BTEB and report to the head of the Marketing and Communications team. You will also be part of the global Internal Coms Leadership Team, and the External Coms Leadership Team.
Requirements and responsibilities from an Internal Communications perspective
Drive internal communications with focus on leadership, strategy, change and employee engagement communications. This includes to support key leaders, to drive IC for own Business Area employees.
- Support BTEB with Strategy communication, Change Communication, Employee engagement towards business area employees (managers and employees). Cascade through Market Areas.
- Ensure clarity and confidence as well as engagement from the employees in the unit’s strategy and highlight the red thread to BTEB’s strategy
- Execution of communication activities through BTEB IC channels, and Ericsson Global IC Channels
- Follow up on results (Goals within Strategy Comm, Change Comm and Communicative Leadership. IC Dashboard on statistics)
- Define and implement the IC strategy and plan using innovative, cost effective, yet impactful ways to engage employees
- Develop and maintain relevant internal channels to ensure maximum reach, impact, and engagement, including: AEMs / ALMs / Unit employee events, live webcasts, video recordings and Yammer
- Develop and activate communicative leadership coaching for the managers of BTEB.
Requirements and responsibilities from an External Communications perspective
Drive and implement the creation of efficient ways of working, reuse of best practices and synchronize communications to increase impact as well as advising the BTEB Executive Team members on external communication. The function is also responsible to translate and implement the M&C strategy plan using innovative, cost effective, yet impactful ways to engage influencers.
- Planning and execution of activities towards media. Develop one external communications plan and drive the external positioning of prioritized business areas including the new businesses story
- Activation across available channels through interviews, announcements/press releases, and tactical positioning through proactive, newsworthy, impactful, content packaging
- Executive and spokespeople support: coaching, advising, training and positioning executives and spokespeople, placement of speakers
- Communications support in strategic initiatives: M&A, Partnering, Issues Management
- Engagement and outreach: Relationship management with media, identify key influencers, tailored outreach, internal and GF/BA/MA collaboration (e.g. internal training for coms teams)
- Business Acumen
- Strong domain knowledge within Communication and Marketing
- Ericsson and Industry knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Leadership, Coaching, and Mentoring skills
- Project management skills
- Stakeholder management
- Digitalization and social, online hands-on experience
- English skills (fluent in spoken and written)
- Entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Strategic thinking
- Dare to challenge
- Working with people
- Relating and Networking
- Adaptive and Responsive to Change
- Planning and Organizing
- Strong result orientation
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- University degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent training/experience
- 8+ years’ experience
- Experience working in a global team
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Experience working as a member of a multi-country leadership team
- Team management
- Resource management (including budget management)
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Track record of driving innovative Marketing and Communications
How to Apply?
Interested in joining our #TeamEricsson? Feel free to apply and include resume in English, outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position.
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent via e-mail.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SalesStratMkt&ComMgt
Req ID: 343252