Senior Network Engineer
Are you looking to work with an exciting company who is passionate about technology and its impact on customers?
Red Bee Media:
Red Bee Media is an organization which has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain, US, Canada and Australia. We connect the world’s content to audiences everywhere. This we do through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with world class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry.
In this exciting opportunity as a member of the Infrastructure Network & Security Team you will responsible for the low-level design, delivery and 3rd line support of the Networks and Security Infrastructure for Red bee globally with a key focus on our local customers.
You will also work with other technical specialists, and infrastructure teams to deliver world class solutions on which the business operates.
Your expertise and knowledge of these systems will look to resolve any issues within our SLA’s and prevent interruption to our world class service.
Job responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
- You will document recurring issues and associated resolutions, to be handed to the Level 1 & 2 teams
- You will be responsible to consolidate and standardize connectivity solutions
- You will prepare reports and keep diagrams up to date, define rate cards and cost models with SDM, as well as review the work and timeframe of tickets coming from the L2 team
- You will use technology expertise and privileged access to perform advanced troubleshooting of network systems
- You will capture and gather data from the network to assist with troubleshooting activities of Networks and the wider infrastructure teams.
Experience & Knowledge
We would like to see applications from candidates who can demonstrate experience/knowledge in each of the following areas:
- Working in a large-scale Enterprise environment with an emphasis on high availability and providing a highly responsive and professional server.
- Data Centre supporting and implementation using Nexus 9Ks in ACI mode (Spine/leaf Architecture).
- Understanding of Data Centre Fabric Design and APIC implementation
- Must have a solid understanding of ALL network routing protocols, especially OSPF and BGP.
- Understanding involving the implementation of Cisco Nexus 77Ks using VDCs
- Understanding of Multicast networks (PIM ASM/SSM and Next-Generation Multicast)
- Supporting of both MPLS L3 VPNS and VPLS L2 VPNS.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper SRX Firewall in an Enterprise environment.
- Providing 2/3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment, including on-call.
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
- Appropriate Cisco certifications e.g.: CCNP/CCIE (Routing and Switching and Service Provider or Data Centre) - CCNP level minimum
- ASA/Firepower, virtualized firewall solutions, NGFW
- Appropriate ITIL certification and experience working in a change controlled environment.
- Compute virtualization (VMware or others)
- Cloud such as Amazon, Azure, Google
- Understanding of emerging network technologies including SDN, SD-WAN, NFV, and automation technologies (e.g. Ansible and Python).
Why work with us?
Are you looking to work amongst a team of experts, creating Software Defined Solutions? Are you looking to obtain Multi-vendor certification and training (Cisco/Juniper/F5/AWS etc…)? Are you looking to work for a company that offers the possibility of flexible working?
Red Bee offers all the above and more, so why wait to apply? Come and join our fantastic, passionate team and be part of the next IT revolution!
After you press the "APPLY" button you will be directed to the Ericsson Careers page.