Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel Required: 10% of the time
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a Program Director to lead the network roll-out for a major client, responsible for contract fulfillment and profitability, ensuring that all products and services are delivered according to contractual obligations and requirements for the customer.
Are you someone with a strategic mindset, have a broad knowledge of program management principles and ready to lead and develop your subordinates? Are you ready for the next challenge in your career?
In this role you will:
- Manage program execution and secure the performance and quality output from all organisations involved in the program delivery
- Manage program financial performance and ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled by Ericsson and the customer
- Develop and manage customer relations to improve customer confidence and trust
- Further develop business based on understanding of the customers’ business, operations and objectives
- Develop the customer project management discipline; simplify processes, methods and tools with creative ideas
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Multiyear industry experience in telecommunication networks and business management with at least 7 years in a Project Management role
- Radio Access Network Rollout Experience
- Experience with different types of customers, their business and the ability to adapt to a customer’s culture, processes and ways of working
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen including a broad understanding of profitability, cash flow, performance measures and value creation. Advanced understanding and experience with project finance.
- Ability to work under pressure, resolve issues and disputes and maintain a delivery culture
- A keen sense of Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) management and execution
You may also have:
- Project Management certification (PMP, IPMA-C or PRINCE 2 Practitioner Level) and leadership training
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here: https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.