Packet Core is mobilizing for the #5G Core business. Do you want to join our team? We are searching for several system managers.
Wtechnologies and tools to develop our #5G products on a #container-based #micro-service architecture. To be able to utilize #cloud technology and build a product with cloud-native attributes. We are looking for System Managers (SM) within several areas like Mobility & Session Management, #Cloud Native, Operations & Maintenance, Policy & Charging and User Plane development.
Here’s the deal
As the tech firm that enabled the mobile internet connectivity around the world, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. Ericsson Packet Core has never had a greater opportunity to drive change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable and connected world.
We are on a quest, we´ve promised to never stand still; relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. This demands from all our people the creativity to discover, the accountability to deliver and the courage to remove complexity wherever it presents itself. Your commitment to these qualities will always be expected, and never go unnoticed. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We stand at the forefront of Agile software development, using methods and principles like Lean and Scrum. Early customer and stakeholder feedback are a key element in our development process which is based on Continuous Integration SW practices. We rely on team collective responsibility to complete all tasks according to a prioritized backlog. Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing and highly independent. You’ll be working directly with your Product Owner and stakeholders in a collaborative manner. This requires maturity and a ‘team first’ approach, which we believe is the best way to create great software.
Tech you’ll master
With us at Ericsson Packet Core you’ll be part of the next step in our development of our products. We enable millions of simultaneous connected mobile users while handling traffic from IoT to 4K video in Gbit speeds. All of this in a virtual deployment using containers. For this you will learn to master cutting edge technology in IP networks, distributed real time embedded systems.
The network node functions we develop are called PCC (Packet Core Controller) and PCG (Packet Core Gateway) for 5G. Future node deployment is carried out on containers in a cloud environment.
Your contribution will be essential for shaping the future of Packet Core 5G development!
We are looking for System Managers (SM) within several areas like Mobility & Session Management, Cloud Native, Operations & Maintenance, Policy & Charging and User Plane development. You will be part of the SM management community and connected development team, where you jointly plan the work and share tasks and knowledge. You will also be working in close cooperation with e.g. System Architects and Product Owners, managing requirements and influence future evolvement in the area. Some of the challenges are maintaining focus on priorities, communicate, inspire and be active in studies needed to drive the area towards the product vision.
- Drive strategic technical leadership within the area
- Create and manage requirements and take responsibility for selected system artifacts
- Drive system studies and manage compliance to standards
- Support Q&A activities and pre-sales support within the competence area
- Be a member and contributor in the system management community
- Drive and support development teams with backlog refinement, feature studies and splitting large packages into workable items
- Work closely with Product Owners and other related stakeholders, be involved in early technical discussions and provide input to standardization work
- You are a curious person with a holistic view that likes to work with challenging tasks where decisions often need to be taken based on information from different stakeholders and investigations.
- You enjoy working at the forefront with new technologies and understand that business decisions sometimes impact the technical solution
- You manage to drive your work tasks independently.
- You are a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Proficient in English.
- Highly developed knowledge sharing & collaboration skills.
- You are interested in learning NEW things and dare to come up with own ideas on how to do things.
- You are very interested in understanding the BIG picture and enjoy informing others about your findings.
- BSc or higher education in a technical discipline related to Computer Science.
- Minimum of 4 years of working experiance in SW development.
Do you recognize yourself and want to join a great team?
Please send us your application as soon as possible as selection is ongoing.
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
If you have any specific questions please contact Hiring manager Anne-Lie Börjesson at email@example.com or Senior Recruiter Johanna Kristensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept applications via email.
Last application date: March 31th
Tag: SWEHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || R&D
Req ID: 341162