Ericsson is a world-leading provider of tele communications equipment & services to mobile and fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries, offering a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment where employees enhance their potential every day. Our employees live our vision and core values. They share a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients. To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience, continuous learning and growth opportunities that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career goals.
In Product Development Unit (PDU) Compute and Digital Silicon (CDS) we develop world leading Site, RAN Compute and Infrastructure solutions that excel our customer’s business. PDU CDS is responsible for Infrastructure for all standards, Features & Configurations, Transport, Security and MS RBS Configurations. We develop and maintain baseband and interconnect products, support systems and site equipment. We manage releases for all products with HW in the Ericsson Radio System.
Ericsson is establishing a new R&D unit in France (Paris, Massy), with focus on 5G, Security, Serviceability and End to End Solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Product Development Leader to help build-up and drive this new R&D Security unit in France, related to assignments within the Security area.
This new Security R&D unit will be a function in the R&D unit in France, and operationally report to Head of the Department Security and be an integral part of this leadership team. In building this unit the Product Development Leader role will need to initially be very focused on recruiting, coaching, challenging and competence development of individuals, teams and the organization. The candidate needs to foster a creative and learning culture.
The main operational responsibility areas residing in this new R&D security unit are:
- Standardization activities for 3GPP SECAM/NESAS and security related items in ETSI, ORAN and ONAP
- Regulatory focus on R&D security related to European and specifically French (ANSSI) regulatory bodies
- Customer relations and Security Business Intelligence
- Penetration and Vulnerability Analysis for BNEW/DNEW RAN and BDGS product portfolio
- Strategic Threat Intelligence to ensure pro-active security work for French operators
As a Product Development Leader, a large part of your work will be spent in tight co-operation with colleagues in your team and related programs driving BNEW and BDGS Security activities. This will also require tight co-operation with the different teams and departments within Ericsson both internationally and with units within the France Customer Unit (CU).
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Drive definition and build-up the new Security R&D unit within the CU in France
- Develop Teams, Individuals and Organization
- You will be required to drive technology and product leadership in the Security areas related to this unit responsibilities
- Capitalize on the French and European customer and regulator needs connected to the global R&D undertaking
- Build relationship with Customers and Regulatory bodies, and ensure alignment with overall internal security activities/plans
- Ensure security assurance and new processes are as much as possible aligned and included in the design flow for efficiency
- Foster innovation, continuous improvements and drive change for global product and assurance security gains
- Drive and encourage knowledge sharing and learning to quickly grow competence in the security area for this new unit
We are looking for an experienced leader, eager and capable of being a leader of teams. In this position, skills are required for you to continuously develop, generate energy, coach, challenge and create commitment. The many stakeholders require strong ability to handle relations and to balance a diplomatic approach with being assertive.
- Experience in being a line manager within R&D system/software development, specifically with focus on Security and/or Standardization
- Strong leadership skills in line with Ericsson core values
- Strategic and operational understanding, with good customer understanding and ability to drive and develop your area
- Business understanding and customer focused with a high accountability to deliver results.
- Technical education on university level required
- Find it stimulating to work with teams, and have a genuine interest in people and be a good communicator
- Should also have the ability to work across organizational boundaries.
- Interest and good understanding of the concepts of Lean and Agile ways of working
- Large degree of flexibility and willingness to take on different tasks
- Strong result-oriented and finds it stimulating to work with change management and teamwork/cooperation across the organization
- Respect for deadlines and ability to motivate people under high workload is required
- Good English language skills in both writing and conversation and in addition French language skills is a plus
- Fully embraces the Ericsson Leadership Framework
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.