Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
It will be practically impossible for human brains to understand how to run and optimize next generation of wireless networks, i.e., 5G network with distributed edge compute, that will drive economic and social transformation for all aspects of society. Machine Learning (ML) and other Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies will be vital for us to handle this opportunity. We are setting up a Global AI Accelerator (GAIA) in the US, Sweden and India, with 300 experts, to fast-track our strategy execution.
Machine Intelligence, the combination of Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence technologies is what Ericsson uses to drive thought leadership to automate and transform Ericsson offerings and operations. MI is also a key competence for to enable new and emerging business. This includes development of models, frameworks and infrastructure where we in our advancements push the technology frontiers. We engage in both academic and industry collaborations and drive the digitalization of Ericsson and the Industry by developing state of the art solutions that simplify and automate processes in our products and services and build new value through data insights.
Ericsson is now looking for Senior Software Engineer – AI Platform to significantly expand its global team for AI acceleration for our group in Chennai or Bangalore.
Do you have in depth understanding of building AI Platforms?
Do you want to apply and extend those skills to solve real complex problems?
Then, you do want to join Ericsson’s global team of Engineers pushing the technology frontiers to automate, simplify and add new value through large scale systems and services.
As a Senior Software Engineer – AI Platforms, you shall build and deploy Platforms enabling AI Applications Development and Production deployment with focus on scaling, monitoring and performance.
The Platform Engineering team will provide infrastructure capacity for all AI/ML project and system needs within GAIA and work together with the Production Engineering teams. The main approach is to integrate/extend existing private and public cloud infrastructures, rather than building new from scratch. The GAIA solutions are deployed across heterogeneous environments, so multi-cloud, hybrid-cloud, and WAN networking are key technology areas. In this role, you are expected to be a very hands-on leader, functioning as an individual contributor, as well as leading others.
- Work with GAIA projects and development teams to provide relevant cloud infrastructure resources, using both internal and external (AWS/Azure/GCP) capacity.
- Develop, document, and communicate an infrastructure strategy, including choices between internal and external cloud resources, on-prem solutions (Outpost/Azure-stack/Anthos) and WAN Networking solutions.
- Being responsible for overall availability, reliability, problem resolution, root-cause analysis, service provider handling, in selected cases organize 24/7 on-call support
- Evaluate and plan capacity of CPU, GPU, memory, storage, and networking resources to balance cost versus desired productivity and performance
- Develop essential automation scripts and tooling to help quality assurance, maintenance, migration, and cost-control of infrastructure deployments.
- Manage communication, planning, collaboration and feedback loops with business stakeholders.
- Identify the model monitoring strategy in prod and retraining plan.
- Define data sourcing, access and pipeline design. Identify and plan for sourcing external data.
- Model the business problem statement into AI/ML problem.
- Define the Data sourcing strategy and works with stakeholders to procure data. Contribute to IP creation for Ericsson in AI/ML
- Lead functional and technical analysis within Ericsson businesses and for strategic customers to understand MI-driven business needs and opportunities
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solutions addressing these needs. This includes working with petabytes of 4G/5G-networks, IoT and exogenous data, and proposing/selecting/testing predictive models, recommendation engines, anomaly detection systems, statistical models, deep learning, reinforcement learning and other machine learning systems
- Lead studies and creative usage of new and/or existing data sources. Work with Data Architects to leverage existing data models and build new ones as needed.
- Collaborate with product development teams and partners in Ericsson Businesses to industrialize machine learning models and solutions as part of Ericsson offerings including providing source code, workflows and documents
- Provide MI Competence build-up in Ericsson Businesses and Customer Serving Units
- Develop new and apply/extend existing, concepts, methodologies, techniques for cross functional initiatives
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines from any of the reputed institutes. First Class, preferably with Distinction.
- Applied experience: 5+ years of experience with infrastructure, platforms, networking, and software systems; 3+ years of experience with leading teams of engineers and system administrators; and an overall industry experience of about 10+ years.
- Experience with working in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with usage/integration of public cloud services, for example, identity and access management, key management, storage systems, CPU/GPU, private/virtual networking, and Kubernetes services.
- Experience with large scale systems, for example reliability/HA, deployment, operations, testing, and trouble-shooting.
- Experience with modern distributed systems and tooling, for example, Prometheus, Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, Vault, CI/CD systems.
- Experience with WAN networking solutions, redundancy/fail-over, QoS, and VPN technologies.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code and SRE ways-of-working
- Familiarity with data analytics and AI/ML systems, for example, Spark, Jupyter, Tensorflow,
- Strong system administration skills, Linux and Windows
- Awareness of ITIL/ITSM methodologies for operations and service delivery
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- Great Team worker and collaborator
- Creativity and ability to formulate problems and solve them independently
- Self-driven and ability to work through abstraction
- Ability to build and nurture internal and external communities
- Ability to work independently with high energy, enthusiasm and persistence
Experience in partnering and collaborative co-creation, i.e., working with complex multiple stakeholder business units, global customers, technology and other ecosystem partners in a multi-culture, global matrix organization with sensitivity and persistence.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.