Ericsson Functional Area: DGS
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Travel: up to 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
In this role you will be working with the latest technologies: virtual EPC (vEPC), 5G NSA and Telecom Cloud, having hands-on exposure to the latest HW infrastructure. Activities cover different areas including Cloud Deployments in VmWare and Core Network Deployments in a virtualized environment. We are now looking for a packet core Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers and act as an overall SA for the whole delivery. In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
In this role You will:
- Scope, define and design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions, include EPC, IoT, 5GNSA, NFV and so on
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements, and participate in risk analysis
- Work with core team and PCRF (Policy and Charging Rules Function) project team on list of potential activities and solutions
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Placed at the centre of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Product Units, Systems Integration teams as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development teams
- Share and transfer knowledge, presenting to others on latest solutions and new releases
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- 12-15 years’ experience in the Telecommunication industry of which 3 or more years’ as a Solution Architect
- Experience with solution and design of vEPC Network and services (mandatory) with Ericsson product knowledge
- Experience with EPC virtualized applications: EPG, MME, PCRF, SAPC (Service-Aware Policy Controller) (mandatory)
- UDM understanding: HSS, CUDB (mandatory) (User Data Management) (Home Subscriber Server) (Central User Database)
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders including C-level stakeholders
- Solid communication skills written and verbal and ability to break down solutions with different diagram techniques
You may also have:
- Cloud architecture knowledge - VmWare
- NFVi and SDN knowledge
- Strong IP knowledge and Unix/Linux knowledge
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.