Ericsson Finland employs close to 800 professionals, the majority of whom work in Kirkkonummi, 25 minutes away from the Helsinki city center. Our teams are very international with colleagues of over 40 different nationalities. Together with the Finnish network operators and 100 years of Finnish market experience, we are serving the data hungry nation with mobile technology enabling the benefits of digitalization across the sparsely populated country. Besides that, we focus on research and development especially in the areas of network security, IoT, cloud and 5G setting Ericsson amongst the 10 largest product developers in Finland.
Product Development Unit Component Development (PDU CD) develops components, products and micro-services for multi-users across Ericsson, as well as driving and maintaining the strategy, evolution and technology leadership. The PDU has a central role in Ericsson for enabling maximized return of investment in R&D by promoting reuse and shortening time to market.
ADP is the Application Development Platform which provides support to develop cloud native applications. ADP (adp.ericsson.se) consists of several different components or artefacts:
- An architectural framework which aims to support alignment, reuse and coherent systems
- Reusable microservices
- Cloud Container Distribution (CCD based on Kubernetes)
- Managed Development Environment, Kubernetes as a Service (KaaS)
- Life Cycle Management with E-VNFM
- CI/CD framework which supports easy reuse of microservices in different contexts based on Spinnaker and has a recommended inner-source build support with BOB
We are now looking for a developer to strengthen our ADP Security development team. As a developer you are expected to contribute to the team of developers and take initiative and be able to drive change. You are a seasoned software developer with a proven track record of hands-on development experience. You have a natural ability to get people to follow you and you enjoy to see others succeed. You are a security enthusiast, always up-to-date with the latest concepts and standards and enjoy working with opensource 3PPs.
- You identify customer needs and drive product development accordingly
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling
- Develop and test high quality products
- Perform troubleshooting and customer support
- Drive continuous improvement
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Experience in Modern Software Development, DevOps and Agile practises
- Proven skills in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Python, Go, Java
- Excellent knowledge in the Linux environment, tools and APIs
- Familiarity with PKI, X.509, TLS and variants, IPSec
- Experience in Authentication and authorization
- Orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker, Container
- Virtualization, Iaas, PaaS, SaaS
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Self-starter and natural abillity to lead in lean environment
- Passion to be among the best and continuosly drive new ideas, learn and adapt
Knowledge/experience in the following are and advantage:
- Developing and designing cloud native applications and microservices
- Risk assessment and threat modelling methodologies and tools
What do we offer you:
- Possibility to build your career; learn and develop in a truly international company with colleagues from 40 different countries in our Jorvas office only
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package
- Different clubs and other leisure activities with amazing colleagues; free gym and tennis & football field just to mention a few
Approved security clearance is required for the position and will be carried out for the selected applicant. (Security Clearance Act 726/2014)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Finland (FI) || || Jorvas, Kirkkonummi || IT; R&D
Job details: Developer