Location: Lewisville, Texas
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Our Smart Manufacturing team is looking for a new team member. Want to know more?
We are looking for a System Architect to join our team, to help build the state-of-the-art Smart Manufacturing in the U.S. As a product owner, you will drive architect design and build cloud-native integrated Industry 4.0 production site and connect smart shop floor equipment with the most advanced internet technology systems.
The Smart Factory will be the first greenfield 5G factory in the US and will serve as a showcase for the next generation technology that will craft future ways of working. Ericsson’s 5G industrial solutions include automated warehouses, connected logistics, automated assembly, packing and product handling, and the use of autonomous carts.
• Lead technology strategy, be responsible for architecture design, development, integrate and documentation using groundbreaking engineering and delivery practices
• You’ll build industrial & cloud-based systems and solution architectures in consultation with external and internal partners;
• Work with an outstanding local and distributed team, while interacting closely with our customers
• You have the ability to influence and drive exciting, challenging projects
• You can remove barriers and address complex situations with regards to technical challenges in applications development
• Carry out pre-studies for any and/or updates of systems and applications; as well recommend and introduce new technologies
To be successful in the role, you must have:
• Bachelor and/or master’s degree in engineering or related fields
• 10+ years of experience in design, developing and architecting software solutions (Java, C#, Python, .NET, OPC-UA) and experienced in state-of-the-art software development practices, tools, frameworks, environments and patterns
• 3+ years in developing and architecting industrial & cloud-based solutions
• Experience with architecting & implementing software platform and application using appropriate technology and communication protocol stacks
• Experience with information / data modeling
• Experience with Agile project management methodologies and tools
• Innovating, collaborative approach and adapting and responding to change
You might also have:
• Experience in industry 4.0 landscaped and IIoT solutions.
• Experience with IIoT security aspects
• Experience leading development teams through everyday project tasks and collaborating across multiple functional technical teams to deliver defined contents.
• Experience in Service Oriented Architecture, with integration and on Edge IIoT solution design
• General machine learning architecture (model deployment and integration, environments)
• Experience with industrial robots, controllers and real-time control network
Ericsson Inc. does not sponsor US work authorization for this job position including H-1B, O-1, and TN. Ericsson also does not hire F-1’s working on EAD for this position.
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is very passionate about learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and meaningful driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, outstanding career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Lewisville || ProdMgt