Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson helps service providers prosper in the digital economy. From enhancing the way we engage with customers to automating operations, we're helping service providers reach new levels of programmability, access and agility – levels that digital natives call home. You can be part of the team that is responsible for reaching new levels of programmability, access and agility, offers interesting career opportunities in this very challenging and exciting area.
We are now looking for a Product Information Architect to develop and maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions). The Information Architect (IA) supervises the DRM structure and creation and maintenance of topics and maps in DITA CMS to ensure that the Ericsson CPI DITA Information Model (IM) standards are followed. The IA acts as the link between the development processes and content rules to be followed, and the writers working in the DITA CMS.The role also helps coordinate the release of the documentation to internal and external customers. This role should also take responsibility of PI builder activity. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- The Information Architect (IA) supervises the DRM structure and creation and maintenance of topics and maps in DITA CMS to ensure that the Ericsson CPI DITA Information Model (IM) standards are followed. The IA acts as the link between the development processes and content rules to be followed, and the writers working in the DITA CMS.
- Follow decisions, WoW and processes provided by PI M&T (heavy involvement in creating said WoW and Processes)
- Assist in defining the build processes for PI Builders and on demand support for build activities
- Define the DRM structure and related Way of Working in the DITA CMS for the organization
- Manage version handling in the DITA CMS
- Manage the DRM structure in the DITA CMS
- Provide support with release handling inside DITA CMS
- Approval of objects
- Edition handling
- Create maintenance branch
- Manage the information architecture and content model for the organization
- Ensure that no content is breaking document publishing
- Determine and manage the reuse strategy and governance model
- Adapt strategy to enable and increase reuse possibilities
- Ensure that the content adheres to the principles of minimalism
- Manage the taxonomy terms to be used by the organization (when the metadata strategy is defined)
- Identify the need for local templates and request them from the CPI tools team
- Improve upon strategies and processes for DITA and DITA CMS
- Extensive testing of DITA CMS processes before deployment
- Act as a guardian of the processes surrounding the DITA CMS on the organization ensuring that DITA CMS related business rules are followed
- Follow up and troubleshoot faulty use of processes or faulty content creation causing errors
- Run a Community of Practice in the organization for the personnel using the DITA CMS
- Run sessions on different challenge areas for example, merging, authoring, links
- Field non-support related issues related to the DITA CMS upwards to the Ericsson IA team
- Keep up-to-date on updates to the DITA CMS and plan their deployment in the organization
- Acceptance testing of the organization’s processes in new versions of DITA CMS (both web and eclipse)
- Ensure that methods, local ways of working, and the Ericsson CPI DITA IM are followed by following up and providing support for DITA CMS users
- Provide input to Global CPI methods team regarding how to or how we use use specific features in DITA CMS
- Involvement in requirements towards tool improvements for PI tool chain
- Be of assistance to PI Architects in BUC study phase for actions required in DITA CMS
- Work proactively and assist in setting vision for evolvement of PI content creation and tool chains
- Follow the defined DRM structure
- Perform merges from different development branches into the system release branch
- Resolve merge issues
- Build the PI release package
- Store the released source files in an approved final archive (GASK or Eridoc).
- Create ELEX libraries and Online Help sets.
- Deliver Online Help sets to person responsible for the software product.
- Publish ELEX libraries in CAL Store, CPI Store, and CPI Extranet.
- 8 to 12 years of experience in preparing end user customer documents and Content Management System with DITA experience
- Should have previous experience of technical writing preferably in the Telecom/ Billing Domain.
- Should have experience in building and publishing the documents
- Good knowledge in Software Configuration Management in version control tool like Gerit for build, packaging and release support activities
- Scripting and automation of software delivery
- Good experience in writing and editing end user documents like User Manuals, Installation Guides, System Administrator Guides, Functional Description, Release notes etc.
- Excellent command of the English language and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in clear concise and simple written form is required.
- Good experience in content management systems using DITA Software development model and knowledge (high level)
- Knowledge regarding Agile methods
- Experience of working with Documentation Workflow management tools
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.