Ericsson Functional Area: DGS
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Travel: up to 10%
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
As part of Ericsson’s growth strategy, we are now looking for an ICT Program Director/Manager with Packet Core expertise.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate experience leading technical teams. You will also demonstrate an extensive set of technical and business skills, including a long and proven practice of customer facing, presentations, engagements and consultative skills. You will be able to work both in Pre-sales and Delivery, being responsible for cost estimation and delivery strategy. Additionally, you will have experience building strong customer relationships and driving up sales opportunities.
In this role You will:
- Take ownership of the Project Delivery of Packet Core Network (EPC/PCRF/SAPC – Service-Aware Policy Controller)
- Support the Head of Services organization in Program Delivery for the customer
- Check technical and business conformance of the project towards the Customers’ requirements and validating the specifications
- Build strong Customer Relationships at C-level (IT, Engineering, Marketing, Finance etc.)
- Ensure the project is tightly planned and resourced and maintain financials, budget/Cost Of Sales, Risks/Issues over time as changes arise
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
As our ideal candidate You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline
- Proven experience of delivery of Packet Core Network (EPC/PCRF) and Cloud and Network Virtualization (VmWare)
- 15+ years of experience, from within the Telco/Systems Integration Industry (consulting or Systems Integration) on driving IT SI transformation programs or projects of high complexity
- Must have proven track record in leading IT / Telco type of Integration Engagements, at least 5 years of experience leading complex SI-Projects/Programs
- Well proven ability to transform customer requirements and expectations at a high level into a solution that Ericsson can realize as a customer engagement
- Excellent Leadership abilities proven through line manager or other comparable positions
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.