Software Developer for the 5G Future
5G is being deployed all over the world as we speak, and Ericsson is the leader in bringing it to market. There has never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries – from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more.
The organization you will become part of
We are truly a global company, working across borders in 175 countries and have frequent collaborations across sites. As a world-wide provider of telecommunications equipment and services to mobile and fixed network operators our employees are also from all around the world. Here in Linköping we have around 40 nationalities represented.
Product Development Unit Traffic Control, PDU-TC, is a Product Development Unit at Ericsson which is responsible for the development and maintenance of software products for the 5G networks. This unit is at the forefront of 5G development and is using many new technology concepts such as: Cloud implementation and Virtualization, used to enable a more flexible use of hardware, Data mining, Big Data, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence which are used to understand and adapt the complex networks.
We are strengthening our organization with skilled persons with various experiences in software development. We are searching for people who are eager to join us on our journey to create something truly exciting!
What you will do within the organization
As a Software Developer you will develop and maintain software products to realize the 5G network. We offer a creative environment with stimulating tasks where one can make a difference. Together with other developers you will work in a team who is responsible for the software products they develop, from early phases of ideas and drafts – all the way to customer delivery. We offer great opportunities to develop your knowledge within the field, for example by offering courses in different areas.
At Ericsson we are team players and value open communication. The way of working is to have agile Cross Functional Teams that together have the required knowledge to drive the software products from start to finish. All members of the team contribute with their expertise. In addition to work tasks solely related to the software product itself, communication, and coordination both between team-members and teams are essential.
Your personal preferences and experience are of great interest when selecting a team.
Who you are:
Your personal qualities are important for us and we believe that you are:
- A positive, productive and creative person
- You have great communication skills and interact easily with other people.
- Team spirit mentality and the ability to plan and drive your own work in order to reach common goals together with your team.
- You are also able to adapt and respond quickly to change.
- You are positively set and strive to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Experienced or fresh from school, you are both welcome to apply.
- You should have a MSc or BSc level in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent discipline, or the equivalent level of knowledge.
- You have programming skills in object-oriented programming languages such as C/C++ or Java. Other programming languages are highly valuable as well.
- It is beneficial if you have knowledge within any of the areas: Telecommunication, Cloud, Machine Learning, and Agile ways of working.
- A great track-record of working in development projects in other industries is a plus.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in in English.
- Excellent skills in Swedish and other languages is highly valuable as well.
- You are interested in developing your personal qualities and deepen your knowledge and career with us.
Starting with us you will also be given a mentor, who will guide and coach you, in the beginning of your new career here at Ericsson.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
The selection and interview process is ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible.
Location: Linköping, Sweden
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Linköping || R&D
Req ID: 339845