Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson helps service providers prosper in the digital economy. From enhancing the way we engage with customers to automating operations, we're helping service providers reach new levels of programmability, access and agility – levels that digital natives call home.
You can be part of the team that is responsible for reaching new levels of programmability, access and agility, offers interesting career opportunities in this very challenging and exciting area.
We are now looking for a senior technical writer to develop and maintain products (units, nodes, networks, systems and solutions who will also be responsible for planning, organizing, writing and maintenance of all end user documentation. The role also helps coordinate the release of the documentation to internal and external customers. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work.
- Read PI Architect analysis of the Business Use Case. If any comments or questions a synch with PI Architect is a must.
- Do necessary analysis of BSUCs.
- Write PI content according to the PI analysis.
- Follow decisions, WoW and processes provided by PI M&T.
- Appointed driver for specific documents.
- If cross team/cross technical product group/ cross Program synch secure this happens
- Alert to TPG PI coordinator if help is needed. Keep committed scope for sprint deliveries.
- Provide necessary mentor support (e.g. to new comers, other new TPG.)
- Secure own RM competence level to be able to fulfill tasks.
- Work close to CFTs and system teams and other impacted work groups.
- Take lead in securing needed refactoring in the documents.
- Secure quality through reviews performed on document content.
- Work with continuous improvement and find areas of improvement on product.
- 5 to 8 years of experience in preparing end user customer documents and Content Management System with DITA experience
- Should have previous experience of technical writing preferably in the Telecom/ Billing Domain.
- Good experience in writing and editing end user documents like User Manuals, Installation Guides, System Administrator Guides, Functional Description, Release notes etc.
- Excellent command of the English language and the ability to articulate complex technical concepts in clear concise and simple written form is required.
- Good experience in content management systems using DITA Software development model and knowledge (high level)
- Knowledge regarding Agile methods
- Experience of working with Documentation Workflow management tools
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.