Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity
Ericsson Research is the central research organization within Ericsson. Our mission is to provide Ericsson with system concepts, technology and methodology and to secure long-term competitive product positioning. World-class innovation is achieved through cooperation within Ericsson and with partners, customers, universities and research institutes.
The Ericsson Research team in Chennai is looking for candidates with a strong background in Machine Intelligence, specifically Deep Learning, and who can come up with cutting edge ideas to drive Intelligent Closed Loop Automation in emerging IoT, Cloud and 5G systems. The contributions will include developing innovative algorithms/solutions and systems to address research challenges in Machine Intelligence with applications in IoT, Cloud and 5G, prototyping and communicating your work to the Ericsson business units, global customers, standardization groups, and at technical conferences.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Strong background in Statistics and Machine Learning including one or more of the following areas:
- Reinforcement Learning ( exposure to Multi-Agent systems is a plus)
- Explainable AI and AI Planning
- Model LCM
- Distributed/Federated Learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel and innovative ideas, generate patents, publish results at conferences and in journals
- Demonstrated implementation/programming skills, work experience with production/prototype code
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- PhD degree with thesis in one of the areas above or M.S/M’Tech with equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Practitioner of rapid prototyping
- Prior experience in research organizations/academia will be a plus
- Prior exposure to RAN/Core network domain would be a plus
- Well versed with implementation of researched techniques into code and prototype using the following languages/frameworks: Python
- Experience with patents, scientific publications, being main author and presenter at a conference
- Open and quick to learn new technologies and open to work in adjacent areas
- Good communication skills
- Skills in supervising master thesis students and Researchers
- Ability to create Ericsson Internal and external contact network
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic informatio