Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
2nd Line Engineers provide system support and maintenance for all of Ericsson’s business areas, including Media Distribution Services, Access & Editorial Services, and Creative. 2nd Line Engineers are responsible for liaising directly with the customer, assuming ownership of issues through to resolution, carrying out the diagnosis and solving of all technical issues, and escalating to and liaising with 2nd Line Team Leaders, Principal Engineers or other senior members of the team where necessary.
2nd Line Engineers are required to:
• in conjunction with 2nd line Team Leader/Technical Coordinator, prioritize workload according to operational criticality and ensure a professional approach is presented at all times, especially when under operational pressure.
• establish themselves as a point of reference on assigned systems over a reasonable time.
• communicate and problem-solve effectively, working to agreed Service Levels (SLAs) and consistently deliver a professional service.
• work within Service Management based processes, continually striving to improve their performance and the teams.
You will also:
• Ensure performance specifications are met and maintain the technical standards and parameters of the equipment and systems within their care. This will include ensuring that approved change controlled modifications are carried out as required.
• Prioritize work taking into account service level agreements with stakeholders/customers and transmission requirements, seeking guidance from 2nd Line Team Leaders and Principal Engineers during demanding times.
• Maintain comprehensive records and logs of work done using Symbol, on the installation, modification, and repair of systems, following appropriate change control for all non-break/fix planned work.
• Carry out routine maintenance work as defined and agreed with the Team Leader or Principal Engineers.
• Critically assess technical quality and performance, extracting and analyzing system logs were available and escalating to Team Leaders or Principal Engineers to progress where necessary.
• Identify trends and escalate to Principal Engineers for root cause analysis and resolution.
• Identify potential system failures and weaknesses and proactively advise management, giving a recommendation for a course of action.
• Devise ways of achieving the needs of the operation by means of technological innovation and development.
• Create and update Incident and Problem records in the Service Management tool (Symbox) ensuring accuracy and data quality at all times.
• Respond to customer incidents and alerts generated by monitoring systems. Proactively diagnose and resolve issues with the supported systems within agreed SLAs.
• Work closely with operational and business staff and other departments to ensure that service delivery needs are effectively and efficiently met.
• An understanding of Platform related 3rd party supplier Service Level Agreements, ensuring they are escalated to when needed.
• Focus on delivering excellent customer service and customer quality.
• Lead, repair & execute the RFx process;
• Evaluate and select suppliers;
• Conduct supplier negotiation;
• Ensure supplier agreement implementation;
• Contribute to the long-term business.
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
Knowledge/awareness of the following (not all of them are mandatory):
• Audio/video equipment, editing, and production systems
• Experience of a large, structured, broadcast environment
Experience and Knowledge:
• UNIX / Linux Operating Systems operation and administration
• Oracle PL/SQL fundamentals, DB administration
• Good understanding of networking technologies
• Good scripting knowledge (Bash, Perl)
• Knowledge of SAN technologies
• Experience with Nagios or similar SNMP based monitoring tools
• Experience with Ticketing Tools
• Microsoft AD basic administration
• IP/RTP, video encoding, video file transfer
• Good understanding of streaming media, encoding, live broadcasts
• ITIL Foundations
• Knowledge of Symbox ticketing tool
• Knowledge of Confluence
• Academic degree, minimum on bachelor level, in engineering (IT, telecom) OR 1-2 years academic studies combined with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
• Team player and willing to share knowledge
• Multi-tasking capabilities
• A structured and organized way of working
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Proven knowledge of analytical troubleshooting
• Flexible attitude
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• WFH & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.