Ericsson Group Function Legal Affairs & Compliance includes a Group Privacy Office at Ericsson HQ in Stockholm is headed by the Group Data Protection Officer.
As privacy is an expanding legal area a Legal Counsel shall be recruited within this area. The position is based in Kista/Stockholm, but you will be supporting the organization globally. You will work in close collaboration with other Ericsson legal counsels as well as with many other parts of the organization such as Security, HR, IT, Business units, Sourcing, Sales etc.
The main responsibility of this role is to provide the organization with privacy specialist advice.
With 30 legal counsels in Stockholm and another 130 legal counsels around the world we cover many legal areas and jurisdictions. This broad outlook together with the fast pace of technical innovation that Ericsson drives provides new legal challenges constantly. These challenges create the variety and the excitement of this role. In order to support your success in this function, we provide a great environment for continuous learning through structured training sessions as well as workshops on various legal and business topics with the possibility for job rotation within a closely-knit professional team.
Our aim is always to be the best in-house legal team possible!
Do you want to help us advance and be a part of a unique unit that supports Ericsson globally in legal challenges? This is the role for you!
- Support in drafting and negotiating contractual clauses on data protection worldwide
- Provide legal advice in Privacy Impact Assessments, Incident handling, Data Subject Access Requests, Records of processing activities, including logging of activities.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the local business activities and applicable laws and regulations and monitor and follow up on relevant or changed legislation.
- Work proactively by providing templates, standards, working tools, training, etc., to establish and maintain awareness on privacy.
- Provide guidance and advice on privacy-related matters to cross-functional projects, new business opportunities and all units in Ericsson and ensure that the privacy strategy and policy requirements across Ericsson have been adequately implemented.
- Provide advice on topics as data analytics, cloud, IoT, SaaS, and other technologies and recognizing the emerging privacy issues and trends.
- Analyze risks in current and new processes and work for implementing privacy throughout.
- The legal Counsel Privacy reports in the line organization to the Group Data Protection Officer
Profile and competence requirements
- Minimum 5 years working experience as a business lawyer.
- Experience in European data protection work – GDPR - with an interest in data and cyber security.
- Good business knowledge/understanding.
- Good networking ability and social skills including the ability to handle internal and external contacts.
- International experience is an advantage.
- Ability to independently handle and manage legal matters and prioritize conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- High level of Integrity and strong analytical and communication skills.
- Driven team player who initiates and drives changes.
- Strong knowledge and interest in emerging technologies.
- Fluent in English, second language desirable.
- Independent, goal-oriented and systematic way of working.
- Master of Law, a specialization in IT-, Technology-, Privacy - law is an advantage
- Certification by IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals) such as CIPM, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPP/A or equivalent highly recommended.
How to Apply?
Interested in joining our #TeamEricsson? Feel free to apply and include resume in English, outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position.
The selection and interview process are ongoing. Therefore, send in your application in English as soon as possible, by February 29th at the latest.
If you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact the recruiter: Rebecka Gustafsson (email@example.com).
Please note that we do not accept applications sent via e-mail.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || SharedServ
Req ID: 337043