Location: Plano, Texas
Are you a highly detailed person who’s not afraid of digging into the data and problem solving? Do you love the border between development and product? Ericsson is this place, and we have an exciting opportunity for you in a fast-paced, highly collaborative technical environment. The Customer Service Technical Support role is responsible for providing the first level of contact to support requests through multiple means from Ericsson’s broad array of customers, as well as internal Ericsson employees.
Also known as the Customer Information Center, or ‘CIC’, our support agents provide immediate assistance to Ericsson’s customers by ensuring the appropriate engagement of world class support teams. Once the Customer has detailed the nature of their call the Customer Service Technical Support ‘CIC agent’ will be responsible to analyze the information and determine the best course of action on behalf of Ericsson. Immediate engagement of the next level of support and proper administration of the event ensures the CIC effectively deals with everything from regional emergencies to add on sales.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
- This job role is responsible for the coordination, support, management and execution of reactive maintenance activities to ensure that services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- Duties range from ticket generation (all severities) including Emergency outage and/or special handling assistance to Ericsson’s Emergency Recovery support team, responding to Preemptive Services monitoring alerts, Warranty Support requests, fielding calls to the MANA Networks Environment Health and Safety Safe and Secure Hotline, etc.
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent Front Office work-related experience
- Experienced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong English Language communication skills
- Professional, confident, and consistent telephone etiquette and mannerisms
- Problem solving & strategic thinking
- Planning & Organizing skills
- Presenting & Communicating Information
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations
- Multi-team/role collaboration, often during stressful conditions
- Ability to perform weekend night shift work (3 x 13.5 hour shifts)
- Flexibility to assist a 24x7x365 shiftwork operational support structure
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Hiring Manager: Kevin Obrien
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || ServEng