Ericsson is one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt, and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Ericsson is proud of its global presence across 100+ countries and market areas. With a strong focus on innovation, we possess 49 thousand registered patents and a global strength of over 95 thousand competent professionals. We also take pride in supporting networks that cater to a capacity of 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic, thereby connecting more than 2.5 billion subscribers and counting. We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
Ericsson has been at the forefront of communications technology for more than 140 years in the rapidly changing environment of telecommunications. We are the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks.
We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services.
If you are someone who has passion towards technology and innovation, here is an opportunity to work with us. As an Associate Engineer-Transmission, we are looking for future leaders with Entrepreneurial & Service mindset to influence and deliver results.
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support that the one offered by the 1st Level Operations. This shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.2nd Level Assurance Engineer is typically assigned to work on tickets and troubleshooting high level network and services faults.
- The Engineer is typically assigned to work in 24*7 Environment and must work on Real Time Trouble Tickets and maintaining the SLA’s
- The primary purpose is to take full responsibility of change control and work flow for the day to day management of Transmission Network.The position responsible will be required:
- To work within well-defined system support guidelines & processes (MSTOP).
- Responsible for Configuration related activities on Transmission Network.
- Coordination with other Design Teams to ensure solutions are delivered in a timely and optimal manner.
- CR & TT Handling to ensure change control and work flow within well-defined system support guidelines.
- Update, audit, maintain and create data for Transmission Network.
- Provisioning of Bandwidth for 2G/3G new sites & Wireline Network, expansions, Migrations, Optimizations activities according to the network requirements within stipulated time in line with defined KPI’s.
- To participate in technical discussion in view to improve performance and make recommendation wherever possible.
- Good knowledge of service performance indicators and their interpretation.
- To ensure correct work methodology in order to avoid outages due to unawareness.
- To organize in house trainings & workshops as necessary to communicate new network changes and developments, backup plans etc.
- Ensure quality check for all Configuration on Transmission Network.
- Problem solving: must be able to pro-actively analyze problems and determine solutions based on the facts.
- Interpersonal skills: must be able to demonstrate good oral and written communication. Ability to listen to others and exchange information and knowledge clearly and concisely.
- Team working: Work closely with other departments to support optimisation activities and data /connectivity related discrepancies and faults.
- Possess understanding of below items:
- HUAWEI: RTN910, 950, 980, OSN, DWDM
- Ericsson Microwave: MLTN 2P, 6P, 20P
- Alcatel Lucent: Microwave
- Knowledge on SDH /PDH /DWDM
- Good understanding of Telecom Networks specially in 2G/3G Radio architecture.
- Experience of creating circuits 2Mb/34or45Mb/STM1, higher order circuits,
- Ethernet provisioning etc. via NMS and EMS
- Experience using tools like SO-EM, Minilink Manager, Tellabs 8000 NMS
- Huawei U2000, M2000, Tellabs 6300 NMS
- Sound knowledge of Transmission Technologies like SDH, PDH,DWDM.
- Good understanding of Telecom Networks specially in 2G/3G BSS domain
- Having knowledge on Ericsson RAN(BTS,BSC, Node B, RNC),
- Good working knowledge of Excel, MapInfo
- Experience with CR & Work Order creation, control of work flow.
- Should have hands on Experience on Fault Management and Performance Reporting
- Should have Hands on Experience in Installation, Configuring of Ericsson Nodes ,
- Should have worked on XPIC Technology
- Should know how to Troubleshoot IP problem and OSPF routing using Unix and Linux command.
Education: Graduate in Computer Science or similar
Minimum years of relevant experience: Min 1 year of relevant work experience.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.