The PDU UDM&P GS/DE organization in Shanghai is looking for skilled engineers that are interested in working with Product Introduction (FOA/DVA), Deployment Support, Customer Support and Maintenance for the UDM&P portfolio.
We are seeking people with a genuine interest in working with introducing our products to the market and provide support towards the Region organizations. We give support to all the different types of projects in the Region (technology trial, customer trial and commercial deployment).
You need to be service minded and always keep the customers interest in mind. Having the right soft skills is extremely important when working in GS/DE. As a Technical Coordinator in GS/DE you will be responsible for providing support to some of the most important customer projects we have. You need to have strong customer interaction skills and lobbying (influencing) skills to steer any final solution in Ericsson favor.
GS/DE UDM&P Shanghai is part of the PDU UDM&P GS/DE. At the moment we have positions open for Technical Coordinators in the product area of UDM & Policy. It is important that you have an interest to grow in a skilled team together with the booming 5G business need.
- Support global customers on 5G trial projects and commercial deployments, especially in mainland China.
- Act as the interface between the Region project and the PDU/PDG. Act as the PDU representative in the project.
- Provide hands on technical support. Drive and coordinate the open technical issues and narrow-down RCA technical follow-up towards the PDU/PDG and Product management.
- Perform PDU internal validation tasks for 5G Cloud UDM & Policy.
- Perform troubleshooting in customer live network and lab environment.
- Analyze the project requirements and perform feature gap analysis and risk assessment.
- Perform baseline planning and baseline recommendation to the project based on input from PDU/PDG.
- Travel occasionally for on-site installation, configuration and testing activities.
- This work requires that you are self-driven and service minded since the quality of our work has a direct impact on the customer satisfactory.
- Working experience on Deployment and maintenance of applications on Kubernetes;
- Working experience on Linux platform;
- Working experience on L2/L3 networking;
- Working experience on Core Network;
- Theoretical understanding of Docker and containerized computing is a plus;
- Working experience on OpenStack or OpenStack compliant NFV-I systems is a plus;
- Bachelors, or higher, in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Information Technology or Electrical Engineering;
- Strong English skills both written and orally;
- Experience in using the different tools such as SMS, TRWeb, MHdb and so on.
- Soft skills that we value are the ability to work in a team, take initiatives and communicate with others. You also need to be self-driven autonomously self-learning to keep up with 5GC advancement
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Shanghai || R&D
Job details: Developer