Functional Area: Sales
Location: Sydney, Australia
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson Australia is growing! As a result, we are now looking for an Account Manager to secure short and long-term profitable business for Ericsson through proactive business development based on fundamental understanding of the customers’ business, operations and objectives. In this role you will actively manage and mobilize internal resources to deliver efficient and effective end to end solutions allowing seamless transition from sales to operations. You will also develop both internal and external relations in order to actively contribute to make both customers and Ericsson successful. This job role could be focused on selling a specific part of the portfolio, a specific part of the customer’s business/technology area and/or geography.
In this role, you would:
- Maximize customer relationships and build loyalty through your excellent networking and management skills
- Identify new Business Development opportunities to maximize profitability whilst making sure existing business is growing
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external partners
- Optimize the account team’s performance to enable seamless transition to operations (manage teams, develop people, run meetings, follow Ericsson’s Sales Process)
- Manage the account by overseeing the monitoring and reporting of related trends, capability development and performance against project plans and budget
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Education: Bachelor of Business Administration, Master of Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in relationship sales within the ICT industry
- Excellent understanding of Cloud Computing and Core Technologies in Telecommunications (Understanding of BSS/OSS domain will be advantageous)
- Excellent consultative selling skills and commercial understanding to maximize profitability
- Customer and market insight and excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Demonstrated experience in orchestrating different teams towards creating value proposals for customers
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here: https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.