Ericsson is driving 5G standardization and was the largest contributor to the standardization body in 3GPP during 2018. Ericsson is committed to rapidly applying these standards to our technology development. Ericsson is a technology leader in 5G. Pioneering customers select us as their 5G partner and we are first with commercial live networks in four continents. This includes multiple operators in both the US and South Korea, as well as in Switzerland, Australia and UAE. We have publicly announced commercial 5G deals with more than 20 named operator customers. In India, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for India’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers
Ericsson has a federated security model in which Group Function Technology sets the product and solution posture and the related security requirements. The Market Areas (MA) are accountable to comply to Group directions and ensure the total security of the solutions delivered to the customer.
The Head of Solution Security reports to the Head of Strategy, Technology and GIR [Government and Industrial relationship] and has a dotted line connected to the Group wide Chief Product Security Officer (Group Function Technology).
The Head of Solution Security has the following responsibilities:
- Drive Market Area solution security agenda and security core team
- Ensure adherence to group product and solution security requirements/ group wide steering documents
- Coordinate projects with other Market Area security officers to ensure compliance to certifications (e.g. ISO, NIST, etc)
- Work extensively with Market Area Leadership, internal /external stakeholders, business area security champions and our customers to deliver product security.
- Solutioning the technical requirements to secure our products, validate system integrations as well as secure the interactions of our core and RAN solutions
- Understanding the complexity of Ericsson networks, core and RAN solutions.
- Drive the Market Area solution security governance, providing Market Area leadership team with regular updates on MA solution security risk profile and drive risk mitigating activities with Market Area security core team
- Manage the sales and delivery security tollgates, approving high-risk solution security commitments
- Selectively drive audits on customer proposal, project and program to ensure compliance to security policy & commitments
- Provide Chief Product Security Officer (Group Function Technology) and other group roles with Market Area specific perspectives to consider in formulation of group wide strategy and steering documents
- Escalate non-standard solutions security deviations and critical security risks to the Product Security Council (Group level)
- Support Market Area with security guidance, instructions and frameworks in key projects, e.g. first-time implementation, large scale, or high-risk
- Lead the Solution Security working group, when required
- Outcome driven and focuses on completion/ closure.
- Individual contributor who can roll up their sleeves to deliver results
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven and in-depth knowledge, understanding and experience of product, technical solutions security
- Expertise in Risk assessment with sound security technical knowledge
- Knowledge in Enterprise Risk Management
- Experienced driving complex programs in a global organization
- Experience working with and influencing customers and senior management
- Understanding of Ericsson networks and potential product exposure and security risks
- Proven Solution Architecture experience
- Proven Technical sales support experience
- Telcom industry experience is a must
"The location of the role, will be aligned to where the candidate is based. No relocation."
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you design your future. You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
What’s more, you’ll experience the inclusiveness and warmth of a proudly global company that’s only ever been in it for the long-term. You’ll feel the enthusiasm of a totally international and truly tenacious team at your side for the moments of life that matter to you.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
For more details about Ericsson ethics and values and our recruitment process please click here- https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process