Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business, and society to fulfil their potential and build a more sustainable future.
With some 115,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions - and our customers - are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Reporting to the Head of Market Area Compliance Unit, the MA Compliance Officer will have full responsibility for implementing the ethics and compliance program in all operating units and legal entities within the countries of responsibility.
The Compliance Office within Group Function (GF) Legal Affairs & Compliance develop and maintain Ericsson’s ethics and compliance program. The Compliance Office has the group responsibility for three compliance areas: Antitrust (compliance with competition law), Anti-corruption (compliance with corruption and bribery law) and anti-money laundering (compliance with AML). The Compliance Office also support compliance teams in the Market Areas or operational units.
- Lead in developing a culture of compliance, setting an example for transparency and promoting an environment where speaking up in a professional manner is encouraged.
- Oversee a select group of legal entities within one or more Customer Units (CUs) that typically spans multiple countries and manage not only internal stakeholders (e.g., management, legal, ICS, sourcing and HR colleagues, compliance network) but also external stakeholders, such as customers and other third parties in relation to compliance demands.
- Provide regular updates to management teams, the compliance organization and others as needed regarding implementation of the compliance program, including relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in area of responsibility.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the local business activities and applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify local compliance priorities; plan and prioritize activities based on risk on a prescribed cycle (e.g., development of annual compliance plan).
- Ensure the publication of compliance-related Group steering documents and localize in alignment with Group where needed.
- Alongside colleagues from the headquarters, perform compliance risk assessments, reviews and monitoring.
- Supplement group trainings to ensure local requirements addressed; conduct compliance trainings and ensure appropriate monitoring of compliance training and awareness programs.
- Review commercial projects to identify and mitigate compliance risks presented.
- Ensure effective implementation of Third Party Due Diligence (TPDD) process and train functions involved in the process as well as third parties completing process as needed.
- Act as single point of contact for compliance TPDD process.
- Maintain documentation of compliant, timely and practical advice.
- Assist with assessment and management of material actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the policies and directives relating to reporting of violations and concerns.
- Utilize the case management system and lead and/or support investigations.
- Manage reporting to relevant stakeholders where applicable compliance-related reports of misconduct, investigations, and remediation efforts.
- Work with local head(s) of legal and other stakeholders to ensure that interactions with local authorities and regulators are coordinated and implement processes to identify and manage regulatory requests and deadlines.
- Assist with or conduct compliance-related merger and acquisition due diligences and execute integration activities in your countries as needed.
- Draft compliance-related reports as required by the Compliance Office and the MA Head Compliance.
Profile and competence requirements
- High level of integrity with character consistent with Ericsson values of respect, professionalism and perseverance; must be empathetic and willing to listen.
- Master of Law, Business, Accounting or other university degree suitable for compliance
- Fluent in English, second language desirable
- Working experience 8 years in compliance, legal or other relevant field (finance, audit)
- Working experience in compliance area, at least 5 years of anti-bribery and corruption compliance or addressing compliance topics
- Experience in antitrust, competition, data privacy, AML or trade compliance is a plus
- Good business knowledge/understanding.
- Good networking ability and social skills including the ability to handle internal and external contacts, including Government authorities and regulators
- International experience and cultural awareness
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Independent, goal-oriented and systematic way of working
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Viet Nam (VN) || || Hanoi || SharedServ
Req ID: 334344