We are looking for highly motivated software professionals aiming for an international and enriching working environment. You will work for Madrid R&D site to develop 5G mobile core products. We look for experience contributing to open source projects and developing No-SQL databases, preferably Apache Geode or Pivotal Gemfire. Having experience in cloud native software stacks and execution environments (Kubernetes, Dockers) is an added value.
Your role will include development activities such as requirement analysis, system design, architecture design, software design, integration, verification, etc. You will work with technologies such as microservices, cloud containers and high-availability multi-clustered systems. We organize in cross functional development teams (Agile) in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing are part of the daily work.
Profile and competences:
• At least 5 years experience programming of open-platform, real-time and high-availability system (C++, Java), as well as scripting (Python, shell)
• 3 years experience with cloud native software stacks and execution environments: Kubernetes, Dockers
• Interest in open source software. Previous contributions to any open source project
• Familiar with Apache Geode / Pivotal Gemfire architecture and functionalities
• Ability to contribute to Apache Geode, both to the public product backlog and Ericsson’s use cases. Being involved in the community and mailing lists,
• Fluent in English
Desirable competences (one or several of them):
• Advanced knowledge and experience of databases, both SQL and NoSQL. Redis, Infinispan, Apache Ignite, Hazelcast. Also MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, CouchBase, HBase, RethinkDB.
• High availability concepts/ techniques (replication, leadership election, active/standby)
• Knowledge in operating system architectures and capacity to model scalable designs and solutions
• Experience in Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation
• TCP/IP Networking, data networks and IP-based applications (HTTP, HTTPS).
• Knowledge of Mobile network architecture 4G/5G. Interfaces, protocols, functions.
What we offer:
• Flexible schedule and teleworking
• Restaurant and transport card
• Life insurance and medical insurance
• Transport card
• Internal and external training, including master degrees with UC3M, UPM and URJC.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Spain (ES) || || Madrid || R&D
Req ID: 333663