Functional Area : Legal
Location: Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia
Travel Requirements : 10%
Job Opportunity – Group Legal Counsel for Market Area South-East Asia, Oceania and India
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Market Area South-East Asia, Oceania and India (MOAI) Legal Affairs is a unit within Group Function Legal Affairs & Compliance and provides legal support to the Market Area South-East Asia, Oceania and India (MOAI).
We wish to recruit a Group Legal Counsel to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The main scope of the work is contractual and negotiation support in relation with customers, suppliers, and partners.
This is a relatively junior position. With guidance from Senior Group Legal Counsels, the Group Legal Counsel will be expected to support internal clients and uphold a high service level in doing so. Equally important is that the Group Legal Counsel, in providing guidance and advice, shows high integrity and business acumen as well as keeping in mind the interest of the Ericsson Group as-a-whole.
From time-to-time, the job will require both domestic and international travel.
• Provide high quality and highly efficient legal support to identified Ericsson clients;
• Provide legal advice and risk-assessments to certain units within MOAI on all kinds of matters; e.g. contractual and relevant regulatory matters;
• Draft, review and negotiate agreements and other legal documents;
• Prepare and provide legal training to internal clients;
• Keep track of relevant new or changed legislation;
• Manage outside counsel and other external advisors.
• Bachelor of Law or equivalent;
Experience and Traits:
• Qualified lawyer with three to five years of experience at a mid to large size law firm or large in-house legal team; experience in telecommunications, ICT, intellectual property, data protection and security and competition law (or desire to specialize in these areas)
• Cultural awareness;
• Fluency in English;
• Excellent analytical and negotiation skills;
• Team spirit and ability to work in cross-functional teams;
• Excellent networking ability, and communication and social skills;
• High level of integrity and courage;
• Proactivity and independence;
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage competing priorities.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || || Sunway || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 333322