Functional Area : Service Delivery
Location: Sunway, Malaysia
Travel Requirements : 10%
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
To plan, design, implement, optimize IP services and solutions of different technologies & vendors through liaising with different business domains to capture business requirements and customer’s needs. The role includes leading and managing virtual technology teams during the design and implementation of the new services and solutions, leading solution assurance with other technology domains throughout delivery phase and provide support for technology operations teams after new services and solutions are transitioned to operations.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- To lead the technical assessment, planning, design and implementation of Datacenter IP solutions in a consistent way with the department product catalogue, strategy and architecture.
- Capturing customer/business requirements and analyzing those requirements from a technical feasibility point of view
- Act as the main technical representative of the project team and competence area to all stakeholders, including the customer and Technology management.
- Provide the technical support for the solution, for a smooth handover to internal support teams.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- 5 years of hands on experience in operations, IP networks within a mobile operating company, Datacenter or service provider.
- Ability to develop workable product solutions to address the strategic imperatives of the business.
- Basic understanding on Datacenter networks, SDN architecture, and openflow concepts.
- Knowledge in openstack will be an added benefit.
Key performance indicators
- Quality of solutions and services design measured by fulfilling customer/business requirements and the reliability, usability of solutions and services when turning to live.
- Meeting delivery timelines while providing excellent communication and regular reporting to management and stakeholders about status and progress throughout delivery.
- Customers’ satisfaction measured by partners and customers regular satisfaction survey get NPD score 9/10.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in electronic/telecommunications engineering.
- Deep understanding of protocols and products in IPBackbone & Security: RIP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, ISIS, BGPv4 & MP-BGP, LDP, RSVP, MPLS, MPLS TE ,L3VPNS, L2VPNs (ATOM,VPLS), Inter-AS MPLS, GRE VXLAN, Quality of Service and CSC.
- JNCIP or equivalent certification.
- Hands On Experience in Juniper Solutions.
- International experience desirable (working internationally and / or working with global solutions)
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || || Subang Jaya || ServEng
Req ID: 332042