WHO WE ARE
For us, it is important to be able to provide remote learning for school children Bhutan and to enable remote health care for patients in Africa. Moving into 5G, providing latencies of a few milliseconds, we will make remote surgeries possible, and with peak rates of several gigabits per seconds, we will enable even the most isolated areas with broadband access.
We are a small 4-unit-department with very passionate developers on the mission to create the world’s best Packet Core User Plane. We work in autonomous cross-functional teams and we feel pride in making the world a better place, simplifying and enhancing the lives for billions.
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
- We believe in trust – we trust each other to do the right things. Therefore, we believe in taking decisions as close to the product and technical expertise as possible.
- We believe in trying new things and learning from our mistakes. We believe in sharing our insights and helping each other to create an even better user plane.
- We truly believe in happiness, we enjoy and feel passionate about what we do and value each other’s technical competence deeply.
- You are passionate about technology and software development
- You are continuously experimenting and learning more
- You love troubleshooting and digging into complex problems
- You think repetitive tasks are so boring that you do anything to automate them, so you can focus on the fun work instead
- You take pride in understanding the whole product and its environment
- Software is more than just a job for you
We are responsible for development and maintenance of the Packet Core User plane. It runs both in virtualized, containerized and physical deployments and handles 3G, 4G and 5G traffic. The User Plane is the data plane, which handles packet routing and forwarding.
The user plane community has teams and individuals with deep competence within low level programming, optimization and framework design in the IP Connectivity competence area. The department is based at Lindholmen (Gothenburg, Sweden) and we a have tight collaboration with our other parts in Shanghai, Beijing, Madrid, Budapest and Chennai.
Our teams are cross-functional, self-organizing, international and highly independent. The teams consist of 5-7 developers each. The team designs, implements and tests the features.
With this position you will be engage in the development of the 5G Packet Core User plane. You will be developing the product for both multiple cloud-based deployments as well as specialized hardware.
We develop in a Linux environment and we commit the code to Git repositories. We are proud of Continuous Integration and Deployment frameworks with over 2000 commits per month and weekly pre-deliveries to customers.
We believe in trying new things that suits your team, such as:
- Software Craftsmanship
- Reserved time for improvements and innovations
- Katas, Coding Dojos
- Knowledge sharing from external channels
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
To understand our product, understanding IP Protocols and Routing in an embedded environment is essential. Most of our product code is written C/C++, test scripts are written in Gherkin on a Java framework, while we use Python for environment scripts.
Our products put high technical requirements on the team including high-performance application development, low latency requirements, multi-threaded/multi-process programming, embedded development, DPDK knowledge. Here is a (not exclusive) list of technologies that we currently use that you will need to understand:
- Linux development, working with high performance Linux application
- C/C++, Gherkin, Java and Python
- NFV, Openstack, Vmware
- Virtualization, DPDK
- L2/L3, Routing, 3GPP
- TCP, UDP, L2TP, TLS
- Docker, Kubernetes
- BSc or MSc level in Computer Science or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Fluent in English, written and oral
Do you want to join a great team? Please send us your application already today!
If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- hiring manager Johan Andersson: email@example.com
- senior recruiter Johanna Kristensen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag: SWEHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || IT
Req ID: 331773