We are looking to fill multiple positions
Location: Austin, Texas
Ericsson is pleased to announce the opening of a new design/development center in the heart of Austin, Texas. Taking advantage of the large pool of software talent of Austin, Ericsson is creating a new SW development team here to work on 5G! We’re looking to staff a large number of design positions in several development areas.
5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. Pre-commercial trials are happening now and the possibilities across industries are endless – from automotive and transports to agriculture, utilities and more.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
This role consists of designing, implementing and integrating software functionality for Ericsson’s products. Our focus is on Lean and Agile ways of working. We organize in cross functional development teams in which continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge sharing is part of the daily work. The role requires the employee to:
- Develop software, implement new functionalities in C / C++ / Java code, often in a multi-core target environment
- Perform continuous analysis and Requirement Handling
- Apply knowledge of Real-Time Software development and wireless communication protocols (e.g. 5G, LTE, WCDMA, WiFi)
- Work in a lab environment to trouble-shoot and integrate complex new pieces of software
- Perform software deliveries using a software version control system
- Develop automated test cases to ensure existing functionality is never degraded by new software
- Document all system analysis, software designs and test plans
- Follow an Agile product development process, working collaboratively in small cross-functional teams
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Excellent knowledge in general purpose programming languages such as C/C++
- Excellent knowledge in Linux environments
- Experience with 3GPP LTE/NR L1 and L2 development/design. This includes the PHY, MAC (Control and Data plane), RLC and PDCP layers.
- Experience working in a git/gerrit based development flow
- Experience working in a CI based development environment using e.g. jenkins or similar
- Experience working with open-source SW components and tools
- Bachelor’s + 5 years of experience or Master’s degree
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have:
- Potential Scrum Master role for suitable candidate.
- Scrum Master experience and/or co-ordination, leadership skills are assets
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Austin || IT