Ericsson CU : Country Unit - Philippines
Location : Net Square BGC Taguig City
Work Rights : Local employment contract
Travel Required : Yes
Application close : January 31, 2020
Why is Ericsson a good place to work?
Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 100,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
The Head of Optimize is responsible for the overall performance of the Optimize portfolio across all Customers in the Customer Unit Singapore, Philippines, Brunei, and Pacific Islands. This critical role provides leadership to a diverse team of people across the multiple functional areas that are required to deliver complex, technology leading Optimize projects.
This role is responsible for driving the Optimize business to achieve the required Customer and Ericsson Business objectives while creating a positive, engaging environment for the team. The development of high-end competence and capability along with the industrialisation and automation of the Optimize processes will be key focus areas for this role.
The role reports to the Head of Network Operations Customer Unit Singapore, Philippines, Brunei, and Pacific Islands.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure delivery of Optimize business across all Customers
- Support and develop new Optimize Business opportunities
- Support Optimize services sales with a focus on accurate scope, cost definition and risk management
- Drive the financial performance across the Optimize portfolio
- Actively contribute to Governance across the Optimize project portfolio
- Manage Optimize unit finances
- Manage key internal and external customer stakeholders on project, program, and organisational performance
- Recruitment, development, talent, and performance management of people across the Optimize portfolio
- Create an engaging, productive work environment for the Optimize team
- Ensure capability forecast dimensioning is according to the business requirements
- Drive industrialisation and automation of Optimize processes to maximise efficiencies.
- Apply global service delivery strategy
- Apply Ericsson service delivery process and models
Position Qualifications & Experience
- Strong Telecom Industry experience with at least 10 years in a leadership position.
- A strong understanding of complex, technology leading Optimize RAN (Radio and Transmission) project delivery.
- Introduction of new technologies in a Telecom network environment.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts when liaising with project teams, business stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation and a complex operating environment.
- Outcome focussed working with people – coach, develop and build the team’s competence and performance.
- Strong commercial, business and financial acumen.
- Innovation skills – push ideas and create differentiators.
- Management of change projects to implement new ways of working.
- Strong analytical skills.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Philippines (PH) || || All Saints || Supply&Log
Req ID: 330343