Are you a curious person who actively follows new AI technologies and seeks the opportunity to work in an innovative organization? Maybe this job as an AI researcher in the Cognitive Automation Lab at Ericsson Research, Kista, Sweden is for you!
What you will do:
A day as an AI researcher in our Cognitive Automation Lab can be very diverse and may include one or more of the following activities:
- Define a challenging research problem
- Solve a research problem by developing new and leveraging cutting edge algorithms and technology approaches of artificial intelligence
- Test out disruptive or academic technologies in an industrial setting
- Prototype development
- Write a research article for a top ranked research conference
- Demo your results to other teams, Ericsson business units and global customers
- Technical workshops for creation of new concepts and ideas, for later implementation
- Collaboration with academic researchers
- Creation of an innovation disclosure
- Research discussion within the team and with other researchers outside of Sweden (e.g., Brazil and India)
- Coding session with the team
- Define a master thesis topic
- Support a master thesis student who wants to learn more about machine reasoning
- A common lunch with the other Cognitive Automation Lab team members
What we are offering:
We pride ourselves on providing a supportive and creative team environment where individual contributors are given the maximal opportunity to excel and develop their technical skills. As a researcher, you will have the freedom to think big and the support to turn ideas into achievements. You will become a member of a successful global research team as a technical leader, and work as part of this team to create a compelling research agenda and carry it out. We pride ourselves on providing a supportive team environment where individual contributors are given the maximal opportunity to excel and develop their technical skills.
What we are looking for:
- Strong interest and background in one or more of the following areas is required:
- Understanding of symbolic artificial intelligence, logical reasoning
- Knowledge graphs, knowledge extraction and knowledge representation
- Automated (AI) planning
- Reinforcement learning
- Trustworthy, explainable and robust AI systems
- Multi-agent systems
- Model-based AI systems, Modeling and analysis of system behavior
- Knowledge about processing architecture, memory systems, and algorithmic optimizations for performance and efficiency is desired
- Knowledge about performance optimizations of machine learning on different types of processor architectures and memory hierarchies (learning as well as inference) is desired
- Demonstrated implementation/programming skills and experience with open source software stacks
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions
- Fresh master’s degree or a fresh PhD degree (preferred) with thesis in one of the areas above
- Knowledge and interest in the following areas is appreciated:
- Transfer and Federated Learning
- Time series analysis
- Deep Neural Networks
- Bayesian networks
- Strong telecom domain expertise
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel and innovative ideas, generate patents, publish results at conferences and in journals is desired
- Prior experience in a research organizations/academia is desired
Please add the cover letter in the resume, explaining more in-detail about your interest for this position. Only these applications will be considered and additionally attach your Masters /PhD transcripts in the application. Please note that, you need to submit the application in English and we do not accept any applications via email.
The last day to apply is before 17th February 2020.
For any enquires and for application details, please contact the Recruiter, Suma Haregoppa Venkatagiri at email@example.com .
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Stockholm || R&D
Job details: Researcher Job Stage 05