The innovation hub aims to create, design and test innovative 5G and IoT use cases and services that would highlight Ericsson thought leadership in 5G and IoT. The goal is to develop a breakthrough use-case to support mobile network operators (MNOs)
• In monetizing and capturing business opportunities of 5G and IoT.
• In accelerating 5G adoption within their customers.
• In attracting multinational corporation (MNC) to commercialize the services with the operator.
In the hub, we start by an ideation process to brainstorm relevant ideas to the local market and current business of the operator. Then, we reach out to different ecosystem partners who can work with us in testing and validating the idea in the operator’s commercial network as minimum viable product or prototype. Lastly, we propose and provide insights about the commercial path of the idea to the operator by onboarding relevant partners.
Reporting to the innovation hub manager you will be joining a team to work on accelerating the use-cases. You will be accountable to help in building prototypes/solutions for the emerging technologies such as augmented reality, virtual reality, drones, IoT, and AI. Also, to assure that the use-cases prototypes are well presented to the customer. You will play a key role in developing the hub capability in terms of SDKs and innovative and cutting-edge gadgets.
• Execute on ideation, prototyping, and testing of solutions incorporating a detail-oriented perspective to the use-cases.
• To support in developing and acquiring some kits to the hub and build and prototypes and MVP of the use-cases.
• To develop and present use-cases prototypes by building exceptional user interfaces functional applications.
• To plan innovation activities with ecosystem partners ensuring use-cases and ideas funneling.
• To align internally within Ericsson for innovation tools, methodology and processes and leverage it toward developing the use-cases.
• To support the team in E2E design and delivery of the use-cases.
• B.S. or higher in software engineering or Computer Science.
• Eagerness to learn new things and tools related to the emerging technologies (IoT, drones, AI, XR etc).
• Excellent software engineering skills with the intuition to make a meaningful effort required for quick prototyping.
• Experience with programming at least one computer language, including C#, C++, or Java.
• Ability to assess requirements and design solution.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Passionate, creative and innovative thinker, with strong analytical and planning skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and collaborative team environment.
• Interest in UI/UX design.
• Interest and passion to develop virtual/augmented/extended reality (VR/AR/XR), drones, IoT, or AI applications and high-fidelity user experience prototypes.
• Interest to game development using Unity, Unreal, or 3D engines game development.
• Interest to conduct research about the latest emerging technologies.
• Ability to produce technical documentation and create design artifacts.
- What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
- For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
- For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brand video and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Saudi Arabia (SA) || || Riyadh || IT
Req ID: 328550