Ericsson enables communications service providers to capture the full value of connectivity. The company’s portfolio spans Networks, Digital Services, Managed Services, and Emerging Business and is designed to help our customers go digital, increase efficiency, find new revenue streams, and create new user experiences. Ericsson’s investments in innovation have delivered the benefits of telephony and mobile broadband to billions of people around the world ensuring our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. With over 90,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and service leadership. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over an Ericsson network. And, our Technology for Good and Connect to Learn programs include creating technology that makes it easier to save lives, feed societies, bring technology to emerging markets and connectivity to remote areas, and grow businesses and prosperity.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big and navigate their career, on a global scale. We create technology that helps others, from helping people enjoy their favourite content to helping people recover from natural disasters by enabling better communications between rescue workers. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world, creating new connections, new possibilities, and new capabilities. We find that Ericsson is at its best when we bring together the diverse skills of our people. Working across business areas, across cultures, across geographical borders, across technical disciplines. More often than not, across ground-breaking solutions. Next generation technology can be staggeringly complex. But the simpler it is to use; the more people benefit from it. Join us and help build technology that makes it simple to connect with information, business, societies, and each other.
- Job Purpose
Handling RAN Network Operations and maintaining service availability for RAN nodes with proper work focus for Alarm Monitoring, support Hardware/software/configuration related issues, configuration of all Nodes pertaining to RAN domains and emergency handling/outage Support for RAN nodes/products/network (Specific to various Vendors (i.e Ericsson, ZTE, Nokia, Huawei, Alcatel etc.).
- Key Result Areas
- Ensuring a smooth operation of the GSM/UMTS/LTE/VO-LTE/5G-NR specific RAN Nodes (Multivendor).
- Be part of a team managing specific RAN Network activities associated with Mobile GSM/UMTS/LTE/VO-LTE/5G-NR Network.
- Administrating GSM/UMTS/LTE/VO-LTE/5G-NR Network.
- Preventive & Corrective Maintenance.
- To prioritize faults to meet SLA/WLA.
- Planned Maintenance (Health Checks, Backups etc.).
- Problem Escalations and Follow-ups (CSR) with various Stake-Holders for RAN Operations.
- Performance Analysis & Investigation.
- Interface with Customer, 3PP and related Stake-Holders.
- Ensure smooth and quality system/service handover from Project with Acceptance Test.
- Troubleshooting/Fault finding/RCA in configuration/hardware/software.
- Outage/emergency reporting.
- Adherence to Processes.
- To undertake any other reasonable task as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Having 3 to 5 years of experience as a System Engineer in a mobile network environment.
- Knowledge of GSM, WCDMA, LTE, 3GPP Standard, SS7 protocol and Stack (Sigtran, TCP/IP, S1AP, RANAP, SCCP, SCTP, Iu-PS, BSSGP, GTP and Diameter etc).
- Knowledge of Linux and Multivendor RAN Nodes – BSC, RNC, BTS, RBS, E-RBS, 5G-NR, OSS, NWIE, Baseband, TCU/SIU.
- Certification in RAN, CCNA, Redhat, vendor specific certifications will be an additional advantage.
- Network Architecture and Evolution.
A proven track record of success, with a minimum of 3-5 years on job hands-on experience of a large sized technical team in a customer service environment.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exemplary time management, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Tracing & Decoding in term of Customer Complaints.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks
- Proactive, self-motivated and have a determined attitude
- Good PC skills and application knowledge
- Problem solving skills
- Tenacity and perseverance
- Flexibility in working hours
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages also beneficial
- Result oriented
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patterns and demands.
- A thorough and methodical approach to work.
- Developed skills in Interpersonal communication
- Developed skills in knowledge sharing by actively contributing
- Knowledge, experiences and skills to create a learning culture.
Rate the proficiency of competencies required in the role in order to obtain a general standard of performance in the job.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development. Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.