Functional Area: Service Delivery
Location: Sydney, Australia
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: up to 25%
We are now looking for a Head of Operations to lead our Access Services and Video Services teams. The Head of Operations is responsible for ensuring service delivery to our valued clients, which include the ABC, SBS, Network TEN and the Department of Parliamentary Services.
As Head of Operations Australia, you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of all services to contracted SLAs and KPIs across the full portfolio of Access Services and Video Services from our Australia Operations, including subtitling, audio description, content aggregation, linear and VOD content delivery.
- Be responsible for leading a team comprising production, service delivery management, and technology leads
- Be the key client and operational contact for customers, staff and global teams.
- Build the Operations function to enable future alignment with the wider Red Bee Media Global operating model.
- Support new sales, direct or indirect, in the region.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Proven passion for service performance.
- Proven ability to deliver against a complex and changing technical environment with a track record of delivering operational excellence inside and outside of the TV and Media industry.
- Highly-developed working knowledge of business process, operations, and cross functional coordination.
- Successful management of key supplier relationships, both internally and externally to assure client service delivery.
- Proven business and financial acumen and associated commercial modelling skills
Red Bee Media offers:
- A competitive salary with associated benefits
- 4 weeks’ annual leave
- YOU + ERICSSON - staff benefits.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women! See our benefits and policies here: https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.