Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value.
The impact of your role at Ericsson
The 1st level Broadcast Operations engineer will offer 1st level support for OTT and DTV services in multiple countries using specific tools (ticketing and infrastructure monitoring) and processes (incident management, change management, problem management, event management).
You will also:
- Monitoring of IT Infrastructure and Video Services
- Follow internal incident, change and release management processes in USMS
- Monitor USMS queues. Attempt first fix and ad-hoc workaround incident resolution activities, including but not limited to Stop/Start applications on alert
- Investigate and troubleshoot problems on relevant systems.
- Investigate incidents where technical domain relevancy and ownership is unclear, localize issue and either fix or assign to relevant technical domain owner for fix
- Creation of incidents on alert, and logging of incidents. Create and distribute tasks to relevant support entities (USMS)
- Creating Problem tickets based on recurring incidents and add information as required, ensuring relevant associations between Problem and Issue are logged
- Ownership of incidents until fix, with follow up duties, and taking responsibility for e2e resolution of incidents, coordinating the fix with 2nd and 3rd line teams
- Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with other Corporate teams as needed
- Assist Liberty Global Countries and coordinate trouble-shooting
- Adhere to Service and Operational Level Agreements. Working towards targets set by Performance Management and Liberty Global KPIs relevant to Service Assurance, Support and Availability
- Perform Change Management and Problem Management tasks relevant to the Central Service Desk including monitoring coordination for patches, and implementation approval of Change
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new knowledges of the specific environments supported
- Incident/Change Management & Escalation handling in the area of responsibility
- Time to respond and time to fix incidents and trouble tickets, defined within the Service Level Agreement defined for a specific priority of service impact
- Involving and assisting Major Incident Management on critical incidents
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
- Bachelor technical engineering degree or higher, preferably specialized in IT applications and infrastructure design, development and/or supports
- 3-5 of experience in a Service Desk role with comparable technical and soft skills
- Broad and deep knowledge of Service Desk operations (Remedy, USMS)
- Previous experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Spectrum, Grafana, Kibana)
- eTOM/ ITIL v3 Service Operation certification (it’s a plus)
- Language skills – fluent in English (verbal & written)
- Knowledge of IT Infrastructure (e.g. Unix, DB, Networking) and Video technical components (e.g. Linear Broadcasting, VoD, Streaming media, Video Headends) (it’s a plus)
- Ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders in the Incident Management Processes;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Follow and update instructions & procedures
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workloads as situations change
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent active listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Decisive, logical and methodical
- Analytical skills, continuous driving for improvement, results driven
- Embracement of change and challenge
- Ownership and action, customer focused
- Teamwork and contribution, organizational sensitivity and being able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
- Contract type: full time – update if applicable;
- 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
- Medical & life insurance;
- Career plan mentoring;
- Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
- Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
- Gym subscription (availble in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
- Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile enabled);
- In case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
- Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
- & more other benefits that the recruiting we are looking forward to present them to you, once applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Romania (RO) || || Bucharest || IT; ServEng
Job details: MS Automated Operations Engineer Job Stage 03