This position sits within the Service Area Network Design and Optimisation (SA NDO) Strategic Competence Unit (SCU), a highly experienced globally exposed team at Ericsson. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology (5G, ML) and will be involved with projects in many diverse global locations. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) and a go-to person in the field of Radio Network Design and Optimisation. Although this position is based in Beijing you will be required to travel to Ericsson and Customer sites around the world, for both short and long duration assignments. You will be engaged with 5G pre-sales, service delivery, business and service development by working along with Market Area (MA) and Product Development Units (PDU).
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Work with Core 3 team to develop and construct value argumentation
- Lead discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements
- Engage business stakeholders in understanding potential technologies capabilities
- Design solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective that fulfils operators’ technical and business requirements considering E2E impacts
- Propose solutions, develop and present technical presentations and proposals
- Support product and delivery teams to ensure designed solutions are developed and deployed to meet objectives
- Work under tight time schedules
- Design 5G network for customer requirement
- Demonstrate exceptional 5G network performance to the customer in trials and initial network deployments in collaboration with MA & PDU
- Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
Product Development Unit (PDU) & Service Area NDO (SA NDO):
- Work with PDU to develop NDO related features
- Support PDU by ensuring superior 5G network performance during trials and proof of concept.
- Provide ideas and suggestions to Product Management to further improve/add/modify existing offerings within the NDO portfolio
- Developing others and sharing knowledge.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Innovation and proactive attitude
- Good presentation, time management and leadership skills & ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Result oriented with focus on customer satisfaction and project delivery
- Excellent communication - Fluent English, both written and spoken. Fluent Mandarin, both written and spoken.
- Good inter personal skills and relationship development with customer.
- Market insight, up to date with new developments in related technologies and products
- Financial understanding
The successful applicant must have a blend of skills required to contribute to the Radio Network Consulting team in pre-sales and delivery processes, use of consulting methodology and development of the technical expertise across a team of people;
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or IT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in ICT Industry with experience in pre-sales and service delivery
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Solution Architect role
- Network Design and Optimisation experience
- Deep technical RAN knowledge (5G & LTE)
- Flexibility to travel globally
Desired Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
Experienced in using the following radio network design and optimisation tools:
- Capacity and Dimensioning Tools (RNPT, ENCP)
- RF Cell Planning Tools (Planet, Atoll)
- Drive test Tools (TEMS Investigation, Nemo)
- Proven track record of leading teams to successful project outcomes.
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT). Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services, and App Experience Optimization
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || || Beijing || ServEng
Req ID: 326023