Functional Area : Service Delivery
Location: Sunway, Malaysia
Travel Requirements : 10%
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
As a Packet Core Solution Architect (SA), you will be responsible for managing customer requirements and proposing solutions utilizing Ericsson and 3rd party products. The primary focus is to understand customers’ needs and provide superior services by creating outstanding business value for our customers through cost effective and innovative solutions.
The SA should be competent in handling constant change of scope and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors. As a SA you will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with Product Units as well as Customer, Technical, Marketing and Business Development teams. You will plan, design and deliver solutions that improve the customer network in terms of capacity, functionality, end-user services etc. The Solution Architect will work across the Evolved Packet Core portfolio.
- Possess a strong consultative mindset and the ability to see the bigger picture
- The people skills required to work with engineers, developers and sales team
- You have an innovative and creative spirit, and are willing to take risks
- Have good experience in delivering end to end Solutions within Packet Core Domain
- High Technical competence in Packet Core nodes (i.e. MME, EPG, SAPC..)
- Have strong understanding of OpenStack, Networking and Virtualization
- Virtualization Technologies (i.e. KVM, SR-IOV, DPDK, vmWare, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge and experience building cloud infrastructure and virtualization, Network function virtualization
- Understand 3PP requirements and capabilities in the design and implementation phase.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Strategic mind, with ability to span into tactical as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in technology leadership
- Experience in creating test automations
- Cloud Technologies
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips & Tricks” from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Malaysia (MY) || || Sunway || ServEng
Req ID: 325062