Ericsson Functional Area: Network Operations
Work Rights: AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
Travel: 10% local and regional
Closing date: 30 January 2020
Background Checks: All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
We are now looking for a highly experienced Network Engineer that will be responsible for performing design optimization and audit of a network to meet customer requirements. You will be engaged in the whole process from pre-sales of services and networks to service delivery and acceptance. The role focuses on executing design, audit and optimization of services, where you will be accountable for part of the solution and of the service process. Hereby, you should be able to keep time, performance and quality according to Ericsson requirements and customer contracts.
- Report to the National RF Design Lead and Project Manager
- Contribute to the RF Design deliverables in a timely manner
- Review feasibility reports, For Construction drawings and generate plumbing diagrams
- Work closely with SAED and ASPs to achieve site designs within budget and timeframe
- Internal stakeholder management
- Resolve customer technical queries
- Drive improvements in processes
- Diagnose and troubleshoot site issues with Build/Integration Team
- Perform drive test and tune/optimize for sites/cluster to meet and improve KPI performance
- Present technical solutions and presentation to customer
- Support ad-hoc activities requested by National RF Design Lead
- Education: Bachelor or Masters in Telecommunications (or equivalent)
- Minimum years of experience: 7+ years in telecommunication operator and/or vendor environment
- Strong technical understanding and experience in RF Planning, Design, Tuning and Optimization in WCDMA/LTE. 5G practical experience will be highly regarded.
- Proven experience with WCDMA/LTE network capacity upgrades and/or network swap outs projects.
- Proven experience in establishing relationship and influencing key customers and key stakeholders
- Technical experience in troubleshooting 3G/4G/5G sites with performance issues
- Able to perform call trace, UE trace and/or Wireshark
- Familiar with using TEMs Investigation and TEMs Discovery
- Strong understanding RF Link budget, propagation modelling and model tuning process
- Experience with RF planning tools (Mentum Planet, ATOLL etc)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with multi-vendor networks
- IBC and small cell design experience (advantageous)
- Automation and programming/scripting skills (highly regarded)
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few "Tips&Tricks" from our recruiters
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.