We are now looking for a Second Level Operations Specialist that will be responsible for the coordination, management, execution and reactive maintenance activities that require a higher level of support than offered by the 1st level Operations. This person shall ensure that the services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
- Provide fault management on specific network nodes: Firewall, Router, Switch, Virtual Machine Management
- Perform preventive corrective maintenance, problem management, acceptance and faults tracking
- Logging and updating the performed activities in specifically ticketing tools
- Working knowledge of network concepts, technologies, terms, tools and devices such as but not limited to routers, switches, sub-netting, WAN/LAN implementations, OSI Model, TCP/IP, Telnet, Ethernet, Firewall, etc.
- Proven experience in remote or site operations (design, planning, optimization, integration, acceptance, commissioning, testing, support) of related nodes
- Ability to handle global customer meetings and discussions, and adapt to working with people from different countries with different cultures
- Additional desirable qualifications:
- SAN (Storage Area Network) /NAS (Network Attached Storage) technology
- System administration skills with RHEL/CentOS
- Oracle Database Maintenance
- Understanding of VMWare/ESX
- Fluent in English(both written and spoken), be able to use English as working language
- Availability for on-call work schedule, night shift work
- Proactive working attitude
What’s in it for you?
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: China (CN) || Xi'an || || ServEng
Job details: 2nd Level Operations