Location: Austin, Texas
Ericsson is pleased to announce the opening of a new design/development center in the heart of Austin, Texas. Taking advantage of the large pool of software talent of Austin, Ericsson is creating a new SW development team here to work on 5G! We’re looking to staff a large number of design positions in several development areas.
5G is coming soon, and Ericsson is the early leader in bringing it to market. Pre-commercial trials are happening now and the possibilities across industries are endless – from automotive and transports to agriculture, utilities and more.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
Ericsson Austin is looking for a System Virtual Platform (SVP) Developer to join a growing world-class semiconductor development organization and to help drive excellence in our 5G network products. This role plays an important part in SoC verification by developing virtual models and enabling pre-silicon software development.
- Be part of a dynamic and functionally diverse team with opportunities for gaining exposure to modeling, SW driven verification, and HW emulation/acceleration.
- Create and integrate Transaction Level Models (TLMs) from hardware specifications and software user stories using SystemC/C++,
- Develop and debug tests to qualify virtual SoCs, and
- Perform HW/SW co-simulation and debug.
- Also support hardware and software teams with infrastructure and tools for simulation control, debug, data collection and reporting.
To be successful in the role, you must have:
- Master’s degree in engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in ASIC/SoC development (5+ years)
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Basic understanding of computer architecture
- Excellent software debug skills, with experience debugging with GNU tools
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, PERL)
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
You might also have:
- Experience with embedded software design and test
- Exposure to debugging RTL in block and/or chip-level environments
- Familiarity with TLM modeling using SystemC
- Exposure to HW emulation/acceleration methods and tools
- Pre-silicon and/or post-silicon debug experience
- Experience leading and mentoring other engineers
We work in an industry where new opportunities are emerging every day. And as these new opportunities emerge, we see the potential to make a difference. Across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetics information. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, protected veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Ericsson will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Ericsson or (c) consistent with Ericsson’s legal duty to furnish information.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act Notice - Employers are generally prohibited from requiring or requesting any employee or job applicant to take a lie detector test, and from discharging, disciplining, or discriminating against an employee or prospective employee for refusing to take a test or for exercising other rights under the Act. For more information, visit https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf.
Ericsson is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled individuals during the application and hiring process. Ericsson will make modifications or adjustments to the job application or interview process that will enable a qualified applicant to be considered for a position. If you require an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Austin || ProdMgt